Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » [JGit] AddCommand adds ALL files, not just modified and new
[JGit] AddCommand adds ALL files, not just modified and new [message #582381] Wed, 28 July 2010 13:04 Go to next message
Kees Bakker is currently offline Kees BakkerFriend
Hi,

AddCommand.call() adds all files from the filepatterns. This is unexpected (for me, at least). Is this intentional? This is not what git-add commandline tool does. If I simply want to add all modified and new files I can do the following on the commandline:

git add .

The question is: should I be able to use AddCommand for that?

Kind regards, Kees Bakker
Re: [JGit] AddCommand adds ALL files, not just modified and new [message #582398 is a reply to message #582381] Wed, 28 July 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
what are the files which you don't want to be added? The unchanged files or the ignored files?
Re: [JGit] AddCommand adds ALL files, not just modified and new [message #582416 is a reply to message #582398] Thu, 29 July 2010 07:09 Go to previous message
Kees Bakker is currently offline Kees BakkerFriend
Christian Halstrick wrote on Wed, 28 July 2010 11:34
> what are the files which you don't want to be added? The unchanged files or the ignored files?

Indeed. Same as the command line, the unchanged and ignored files are not added (at least, not without an extra option).
Previous Topic:egit status differs from git command line one
Next Topic:Can not wrap mind around proper workflow with EGIT to collab on remote GIT servers...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:57:43 GMT 2024