Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Problem using UserAdmin
Problem using UserAdmin [message #58615] Fri, 27 January 2006 01:03 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ronaldbaldwin.gmail.com

I'm having a problem getting a reference to the UserAdmin service. I've added org.osgi.service.useradmin to the imported packages and "org.eclipse.equinox.useradmin_1.0.0.qualifier" shows ACTIVE when I show bundle status in the console. However the following code returns null:

ServiceReference sr =
(ServiceReference)mContext.getServiceReference("org.osgi.service.useradmin.UserAdmin ");

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron
Re: Problem using UserAdmin [message #58711 is a reply to message #58615] Fri, 27 January 2006 20:03 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ronaldbaldwin.gmail.com

Ok, i figured it out. My bundle's start() was being called before the UserAdmin service had started, causing my getServiceReference to return null. I thought that having the useradmin package in the import packages would have created the dependency I needed, but I'm guessing that just set a dependency on the interfaces and not the implementing bundle?

What I need is a way to set a dependency on a service, but I'll ask that in another post.
Previous Topic:running serverside OSGI in mutlipe web container
Next Topic:extension (install) location and osgi-bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 12:14:58 GMT 2024