Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » any experience with EGit and git-svn
any experience with EGit and git-svn [message #577298] Tue, 09 February 2010 21:10 Go to next message
Guillaume Hillairet is currently offline Guillaume HillairetFriend
Hi all,

I'm trying to use eGit with one of my googlecode svn repository and wondering what is the correct way to do it.
So first i commit the latest version of svn, then follow instructions on [1]. Now i have a local git repository with my googlecode project. Now i'm wondering what to do to import this project in eclipse workspace.
Do i have to use the Git import, which will create a new local repository from my first local git repository. So when i want to commit on svn, i will have to do a push to the first local repository and then use git svn dcommit on this first repository to commit on svn?
Is that the way to do? or do i have to use the first local git repository as the same location for my eclipse workspace?
I'm quite new to git so helps are welcome.

Best regards,
Guillaume

[1] http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/05/develop-with-g it-on-google-code-project.html
Re: any experience with EGit and git-svn [message #577324 is a reply to message #577298] Tue, 09 February 2010 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Egit makes no restrictions with regards to git-svn, thougth it seems to me that one repo is enough. I.e. import your projects as "existing projecs" (don't copy to workspace) and enable the EGit team provider from the Team menu.

-- robin
Re: any experience with EGit and git-svn [message #577344 is a reply to message #577298] Tue, 09 February 2010 23:13 Go to previous message
Guillaume Hillairet is currently offline Guillaume HillairetFriend
Ok, i gave it a try,
I imported projects as existing projects and use Team > share project with Git. Commit with git svn. all worked perfectly.

thanks
Previous Topic:any experience with EGit and git-svn
Next Topic:Sharing project on MacOS 10.5.8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:20:45 GMT 2024