Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » CommitAction class - access restrictions
CommitAction class - access restrictions [message #575591] Sat, 07 November 2009 15:43 Go to next message
Stefan Reiterer is currently offline Stefan ReitererFriend
Hi!

In the course of my project I want to use EGIT. To commit a couple of files I want to make use of the CommitAction class. This class is located in the following package:

org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.actions

My problem is, that the CommitAction class was not exported (in the Manifest file) and so it is not possible to instantiate it (access restrictions).
Other team providers such as subclipse, or subversive also provide a CommitAction class. They exported the class and so I can use it in my project.

Is it possible to export the action classes in further versions of egit, or is there a possibility to bypass the access restrictions?

Yours truly
Stefan Reiterer
Re: CommitAction class - access restrictions [message #575625 is a reply to message #575591] Thu, 12 November 2009 14:31 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Hi Stefan,

I think that the egit ui plugin should not be directly used by other plugins, they should just be the team provider UI in eclipse.

If you want to programmatically commit you should just use jgit. However, I agree that there is a lot of logic in the egit Commit action which you would have to re-implement. In my opinion this code should be located in jgit.

Or there should be a commit operation in the egit core plugin which can be used by other plugins.

I'm curious what other contributers think about that.

Regards,
Stefan
Previous Topic:CommitAction class - access restrictions
Next Topic:Jgit/Egit vs Git missing functionalities?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:55:25 GMT 2024