Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Font size different in RCP and RAP (RAP 1.3)
Font size different in RCP and RAP (RAP 1.3) [message #559930] Mon, 20 September 2010 12:52 Go to next message
Lukas Dziadkowiec is currently offline Lukas DziadkowiecFriend
We are developing application in RCP and RAP. The UI should be 1:1 in compare with RCP and RAP.
When I put Label into composite and set certain font to it, the rendered size is smaller in RAP. I tried to hack qx-debug.js and changed "px" into "pt" on line 10356
old){this.__size=value===null?null:value+"pt";

It looks like the RCP is using "pt" size in fonts, but RAP use "px" instead. When I change the px units into pt in the qx-debug.js all my labels etc. has the right size, but the size of the other labels like menu, widgets etc. are much larger than they should be.

Any help how to manage consistent font size over RCP and RAP app. ?
Re: Font size different in RCP and RAP (RAP 1.3) [message #559963 is a reply to message #559930] Mon, 20 September 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Lukas,
this is a known problem in RAP. See bug:
309945: Font size differs between RAP and RCP
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309945
I hope, we will manage to fix it in 1.4 release.
Best,
Ivan
Re: Font size different in RCP and RAP (RAP 1.3) [message #559971 is a reply to message #559930] Mon, 20 September 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Bilnoski is currently offline Paul BilnoskiFriend
My team has solved the problem by using theme support and defining fonts for our application. We have many different label providers that render a slanted font to represent the similar state of various elements displayed in viewers, and in the plugin.xml for RCP it is defined as a normal "org.eclipse.ui.themes/fontDefinition" as "Tahoma-italic-8" which rendered far too small in RAP. Then under that element, we specified a child "fontValue" element as "Tahoma-italic-12" with ws="rap". Then for it to take effect, specify ws="rap" in the launch configuration.
Re: Font size different in RCP and RAP (RAP 1.3) [message #560191 is a reply to message #559930] Tue, 21 September 2010 13:47 Go to previous message
Lukas Dziadkowiec is currently offline Lukas DziadkowiecFriend
Thanks for pointing the problem. I have temporary fixed that by dividing our font height by 0.75 until it will be fixed in framework.
There is no need to have exact per pixel font size, but before the fix, the composites looked rather sparse.
Previous Topic:RAP + birt + bundle localization problem
Next Topic:Keyboard shortcuts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:50:16 GMT 2024