Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools incubator » JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released
JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released [message #559130] Wed, 15 September 2010 17:01 Go to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Hello,

The JPA Diagram Editor project has just published the next release candidate - 0.5 RC2. This milestone build requires Graphiti 0.7.0 RC1.

For installation instructions, please visit: http://wiki.eclipse.org/JPA_Diagram_Editor_Project#How_to_In stall

The project will have one more RC in the next weeks and then we will officially release version 0.5, which will be compatible with Helios and Graphiti 0.7.

I'd like to thank my colleagues Stefan and Petya for the great job in driving the project. Kudos goes also to Ram, Tuukka and Alex for the great bugs they have reported.

By the way, we have set up a Hudson build, so everybody can have an early look at the bugfixes we commit to CVS. More info: http://wiki.eclipse.org/JPA_Diagram_Editor_Project#Build_Inf rastructure

And, by the way, the JPA Diagram Editor will be presented at the Eclipse Summit Europe 2010 Smile
http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2010/sessions/?page=se ssions&id=1680

Greetings,
Kaloyan

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2010 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released [message #559655 is a reply to message #559130] Fri, 17 September 2010 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Butzke is currently offline Karen ButzkeFriend
Hi Kayolan,

I'm from the WTP Dali team and I'm finally getting around to really testing out the JPA Diagram Editor. I like what I see so far! I have a few questions for you.

1. Is it a bug that I can drag and drop an Embeddable on to the JPA Diagram Editor?
2. Is there any plan to support displaying entities that are listed in an orm.xml file? Currently I see the Open Diagram option on all nodes in the JPA Structure view for an orm.xml file, is that a bug? I can't drag and drop either the .java files that are listed in the orm.xml or the orm.xml file itself on to the Diagram.

That's it for now.

Thanks,
Karen
Re: JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released [message #559664 is a reply to message #559130] Fri, 17 September 2010 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Hi Karen,

I am happy you like the editor. Unfortunately, these are quite technical questions and I am not the best person to answer them. My role is to support the first steps in the Eclipse community of my colleagues, who actively work on the editor.

Stefan Dimov is our expert of the JPA Editor. He is on vacation today. He'll be back on Monday and will provide you with answer.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
Re: JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released [message #559981 is a reply to message #559655] Mon, 20 September 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Dimov is currently offline Stefan DimovFriend
No Message Body
Re: JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released [message #559983 is a reply to message #559655] Mon, 20 September 2010 15:49 Go to previous message
Stefan Dimov is currently offline Stefan DimovFriend
Hi, Karen,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, it's a bug. The embeddable classes are not supposed to appear in the diagram, since they don't represent persistable entities.

2. For now, the JPA Diagram Editor supports java entities only. Of course, there is an idea to support xml defined entities too, but we are not sure if the efforts will be justified, because, you know, the Java EE world goes for annotations. What do you think?

The 'Open Diagram' action is being automatically propagated on all the subnodes of the 'JPA Content' node. I think, it's a good idea, for now, just to make it disappear from the xml nodes, in order, not to mislead the users that the editor supports the xml defined entities.
Previous Topic:JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC2 released
Next Topic:JPA Diagram Editor 0.5 RC3 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:06:34 GMT 2024