Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup
Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #558909] Tue, 14 September 2010 20:19 Go to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello EMF world --

For some reason I have not run into this issue before and despite my internet sleuthing I remain baffled. Here is the problem I am trying to solve:

Description:
I have a schema which I am using for the basis of my EMF genmodel & ecore and generated code. ( http://schemas.opengis.net/kml/2.2.0/ogckml22.xsd) That's all fine and dandy and I've been using that code for more than a year.

There's another schema that extends the above one. I have created a new genmodel and ecore based on the new schema, and had it reference my other ecore files. (http://code.google.com/apis/kml/schema/kml22gx.xsd). This schema extends the first schema, and uses substitutionGroup as follows (focusing on extending altitudeMode):

original kml schema:
<simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType">
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="clampToGround"/>
<enumeration value="relativeToGround"/>
<enumeration value="absolute"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

<element name="altitudeModeGroup" abstract="true"/>
<element name="altitudeMode" type="kml:altitudeModeEnumType"
default="clampToGround" substitutionGroup="kml:altitudeModeGroup"/>

<element name="LookAt" type="kml:LookAtType"
substitutionGroup="kml:AbstractViewGroup"/>
<complexType name="LookAtType" final="#all">
<complexContent>
<extension base="kml:AbstractViewType">
<sequence>
<element ref="kml:longitude" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:latitude" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:altitude" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:heading" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:tilt" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:range" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:altitudeModeGroup" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="kml:LookAtSimpleExtensionGroup" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
<element ref="kml:LookAtObjectExtensionGroup" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>
<element name="LookAtSimpleExtensionGroup" abstract="true"
type="anySimpleType"/>
<element name="LookAtObjectExtensionGroup" abstract="true"
substitutionGroup="kml:AbstractObjectGroup"/>

other ext schema:
<simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType">
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="clampToSeaFloor"/>
<enumeration value="relativeToSeaFloor"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

<element name="altitudeMode" type="gx:altitudeModeEnumType" substitutionGroup="kml:altitudeModeGroup"/>


Problem:
When I try to load kml files that include stuff from the new schema, the loader fails. In fact it's using the wrong loader; it's not trying to use the ExtFactory but is only using the original KmlFactory.

Sample xml being loaded:
(defines gx namespace: xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2")
<LookAt>
<longitude>-89.87405323367584</longitude>
<latitude>75.43581734916602</latitude>
<altitude>0</altitude>
<range>224.6819781728186</range>
<tilt>0</tilt>
<heading>-0.01149447949429986</heading>
<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>
<gx:altitudeMode>relativeToSeaFloor</gx:altitudeMode>
</LookAt>

Exception:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The value 'relativeToSeaFloor' is not a valid enumerator of 'AltitudeModeEnumType'
at net.opengis.kml.KmlFactory.createAltitudeModeEnumTypeFromStr ing(KmlFactory.java:910)
at net.opengis.kml.KmlFactory.createFromString(KmlFactory.java: 162)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.createFromStrin g(XMLHelperImpl.java:1621)

Code setup:
resourceSet.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getExtensionToFacto ryMap().put(KML, new ExtResourceFactoryImpl());

// Register the package to ensure it is available during loading.
// only needed when running not from plugins.
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put(ExtPackage.eNS_URI, ExtPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://earth.google.com/kml/ext/2.2", ExtPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2", ExtPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put(KmlPackage.eNS_URI, KmlPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0", KmlPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1", KmlPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2", KmlPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put(AtomPackage.eNS_URI, AtomPackage.eINSTANCE);

Question: How do I get the XMLHelperImpl to use the correct ExtFactory to load the extension classes properly?

Thanks for any input!

Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #558920 is a reply to message #558909] Tue, 14 September 2010 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
A bit more information:

The ecore created from this xml has the following:

it has its own definition of AltitudeModeEnumType as follows:
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EEnum" name="AltitudeModeEnumType">
<eAnnotations source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
<details key="name" value="altitudeModeEnumType"/>
</eAnnotations>
<eLiterals name="clampToSeaFloor"/>
<eLiterals name="relativeToSeaFloor" value="1"/>
</eClassifiers>
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EDataType" name="AltitudeModeEnumTypeObject" instanceClassName="org.eclipse.emf.common.util.Enumerator">
<eAnnotations source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
<details key="name" value="altitudeModeEnumType:Object"/>
<details key="baseType" value="altitudeModeEnumType"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eClassifiers>

and then has the structural feature of altitudeMode defined as follows:
<eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EAttribute" name="altitudeMode" unique="false"
upperBound="-2" eType="#//AltitudeModeEnumType" volatile="true" transient="true"
derived="true">
<eAnnotations source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
<details key="kind" value="element"/>
<details key="name" value="altitudeMode"/>
<details key="namespace" value="##targetNamespace"/>
<details key="affiliation" value="http://www.opengis.net/kml#altitudeModeGroup"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eStructuralFeatures>

Does anyone know what that ##targetNamespace means? Maybe there's something wrong in this binding such that it's not finding the correct namespace / element to substitute for?


Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #558926 is a reply to message #558920] Tue, 14 September 2010 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Lastly, I have read Ed's excellent blog post which hasn't helped me:
http://ed-merks.blogspot.com/2007/12/winters-icy-grip.html

I played around with the OPTION_ELEMENT_HANDLER to no avail.
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #558933 is a reply to message #558909] Tue, 14 September 2010 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
HAH! I scared my code into cooperating by posting on the newsgroup.

Turns out I was on the right track; I had to make sure to generate new model code for both the parent kml model and the extension model. Both of them with ecore:ignoreSubstitutionGroups="true". (I had originally not done both of them).

Incidentally, when I did this, I had some 400 errors referring to *GROUP_GROUP that I had to clear out, despite the fact that I didn't have @generated not near those lines of code.

thanks again, EMF (and Ed, for your blog) and hopefully all these posts will be useful to others in the future.

Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662201 is a reply to message #558933] Tue, 29 March 2011 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Once again this problem rears its ugly head -- what to do when the classes for substitution groups map to enumerators?

In reading the EMF book I see that the elements extending the substitution group elements have to be of the same type as the head element. In this case the head element is an enum, which implements org.eclipse.emf.common.util.Enumerator.

I have played around with setting the base class to Enumerator instead of the correct class ... this of course is not typesafe.

This fails in the xml parser after the eSet is called for the group (which is of course a FeatureMap).

Has anyone else done this? This seems to be a "normal" use of xml, that is having an enumerated value defined in one schema extended by another.

thanks much

Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662238 is a reply to message #662201] Tue, 29 March 2011 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30552
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tamar,

Enums can't be extended in Java; even in XML Schema they can only be
further restricted. You could suppress generating enums at all so
you'll only end up with String values (or whatever the built-in type
from which it's derived), or don't generate an enum for the more
restricted type, because that doesn't map in a way that supports Java's
type system meaningfully


Tamar Cohen wrote:
> Once again this problem rears its ugly head -- what to do when the
> classes for substitution groups map to enumerators?
> In reading the EMF book I see that the elements extending the
> substitution group elements have to be of the same type as the head
> element. In this case the head element is an enum, which implements
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.Enumerator.
> I have played around with setting the base class to Enumerator instead
> of the correct class ... this of course is not typesafe.
>
> This fails in the xml parser after the eSet is called for the group
> (which is of course a FeatureMap).
>
> Has anyone else done this? This seems to be a "normal" use of xml,
> that is having an enumerated value defined in one schema extended by
> another.
>
> thanks much
>
> Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662260 is a reply to message #662238] Tue, 29 March 2011 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ed --

Thanks for your response. Yes, of course enums can't be extended, and what I'm trying to figure out is how to get EMF to not generate the enum in the first place.

I have modified the xsds as follows:
<simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType" ecore:instanceClass="java.lang.String" >
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="clampToGround"/>
<enumeration value="relativeToGround"/>
<enumeration value="absolute"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

<simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType" ecore:instanceClass="java.lang.String" >
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="clampToSeaFloor"/>
<enumeration value="relativeToSeaFloor"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

and I have modified the ecore as follows, adding the baseType:
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EDataType" name="AltitudeModeEnumType" instanceClassName="java.lang.String">
<eAnnotations source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
<details key="name" value="altitudeModeEnumType"/>
<details key="enumeration" value="clampToGround relativeToGround absolute"/>
<details key="baseType" value="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2003/XMLType#string"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eClassifiers>

<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EDataType" name="AltitudeModeEnumType" instanceClassName="java.lang.String">
<eAnnotations source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
<details key="name" value="altitudeModeEnumType"/>
<details key="enumeration" value="clampToSeaFloor relativeToSeaFloor"/>
<details key="baseType" value="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2003/XMLType#string"/>
</eAnnotations>
</eClassifiers>

The generated code now is expecting an EObject and the validator wraps the enumeration values, explicitly. I've temporarily told the validator to return true (always valid). When setting one of these, code like this is generated:
case KmlPackage.GROUND_OVERLAY_TYPE__ALTITUDE_MODE_GROUP:
((FeatureMap.Internal)getAltitudeModeGroup()).set(newValue);
return;

I am STILL having the same problem, however, in the SAX parser -- XML handler.setFeatureValue -- the value defined in the second schema is not legal. The newValue coming in is of type SimpleAnyTypeImpl.

So ... at least now I'm not generating enums, but it seems that the wrong resource factory is being used to load. Is there a way to not error out of loading when the SAX parser chokes on something? ie skip bad elements?

thanks

Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662266 is a reply to message #662260] Tue, 29 March 2011 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30552
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tamar,

Comments below.

Tamar Cohen wrote:
> Hi Ed --
>
> Thanks for your response. Yes, of course enums can't be extended, and
> what I'm trying to figure out is how to get EMF to not generate the
> enum in the first place.
Sorry, I should have mentioned the ecore:enum="false" annotation. You
might only need/want to do it for the second done.
>
> I have modified the xsds as follows:
> <simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType"
> ecore:instanceClass="java.lang.String" >
> <restriction base="string">
> <enumeration value="clampToGround"/>
> <enumeration value="relativeToGround"/>
> <enumeration value="absolute"/>
> </restriction>
> </simpleType>
>
> <simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType"
> ecore:instanceClass="java.lang.String" >
> <restriction base="string">
> <enumeration value="clampToSeaFloor"/>
> <enumeration value="relativeToSeaFloor"/>
> </restriction>
> </simpleType>
>
> and I have modified the ecore as follows, adding the baseType:
> <eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EDataType" name="AltitudeModeEnumType"
> instanceClassName="java.lang.String">
> <eAnnotations
> source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
> <details key="name" value="altitudeModeEnumType"/>
> <details key="enumeration" value="clampToGround relativeToGround
> absolute"/>
> <details key="baseType"
> value="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2003/XMLType#string"/>
> </eAnnotations>
> </eClassifiers>
>
> <eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EDataType" name="AltitudeModeEnumType"
> instanceClassName="java.lang.String">
> <eAnnotations
> source="http:///org/eclipse/emf/ecore/util/ExtendedMetaData">
> <details key="name" value="altitudeModeEnumType"/>
> <details key="enumeration" value="clampToSeaFloor
> relativeToSeaFloor"/>
> <details key="baseType"
> value="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2003/XMLType#string"/>
> </eAnnotations>
> </eClassifiers>
>
> The generated code now is expecting an EObject
I'm not sure I understand
> and the validator wraps the enumeration values, explicitly. I've
> temporarily told the validator to return true (always valid). When
> setting one of these, code like this is generated:
> case KmlPackage.GROUND_OVERLAY_TYPE__ALTITUDE_MODE_GROUP:
> ((FeatureMap.Internal)getAltitudeModeGroup()).set(newValue);
> return;
>
> I am STILL having the same problem, however, in the SAX parser -- XML
> handler.setFeatureValue -- the value defined in the second schema is
> not legal. The newValue coming in is of type SimpleAnyTypeImpl.
I suspect I need a complete (hopefully minimal) example illustrating the
issue so I can look into whether it's a bug or how to get it working.
>
> So ... at least now I'm not generating enums, but it seems that the
> wrong resource factory is being used to load. Is there a way to not
> error out of loading when the SAX parser chokes on something? ie skip
> bad elements?
It kind of does that mostly already. You just might not notice the
resource is in the resource set with contents when you get an exception
while loading it...
>
> thanks
>
> Tamar
>
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662458 is a reply to message #662266] Wed, 30 March 2011 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ed --

Ok -- so firstly, addressing skipping over load errors:
>>Is there a way to not error out of loading when the SAX parser chokes on something? ie skip bad elements?
>It kind of does that mostly already. You just might not notice the
resource is in the resource set with contents when you get an exception
while loading it...

I was loading this way:
resource = resourceSet.getResource(uri,true);

When an exception is thrown the resource is of course not filled. I can indeed get it this way:
if (resource == null){
resource = resourceSet.getResource(uri,false);
}
and thereby return the loaded resource, less the bad elements. This is FANTASTIC and I can't believe I didn't know about this before! Thank you.

Now, returning back to my regularly scheduled bug, unfortunately I cannot share much code with you (plus it's hellaciously huge and complex) so I will try to simplify and post shortly.

thank you

Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662472 is a reply to message #662458] Wed, 30 March 2011 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ok -- starting over here, I have a feeling that the generated code is correct and I am doing something wrong in that it's using the wrong loader.

So I may have written some / all of this before but I will post it here just to be clear. I am focusing on AltitudeModeEnumType which is extended in the other schema.

KML Schema from google:

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml"
xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:xal="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xAL:2.0"
xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore"
targetNamespace="http://www.opengis.net/kml"
ecore:ignoreSubstitutionGroups="true"
elementFormDefault="qualified"
version="2.2.0">

<simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType" ecore:enum="false">
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="clampToGround"/>
<enumeration value="relativeToGround"/>
<enumeration value="absolute"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

<element name="altitudeModeGroup" abstract="true"/>
<element name="altitudeMode" type="kml:altitudeModeEnumType"
default="clampToGround" substitutionGroup="kml:altitudeModeGroup"/>


GX schema from google (google KML extensions)
<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext"
xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:xal="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xAL:2.0"
targetNamespace="http://www.google.com/kml/ext" elementFormDefault="qualified" version="090102 BETA"
xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore"
ecore:ignoreSubstitutionGroups="true">

<simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType" ecore:enum="false" >
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="clampToSeaFloor"/>
<enumeration value="relativeToSeaFloor"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

<element name="altitudeMode" type="gx:altitudeModeEnumType" substitutionGroup="kml:altitudeModeGroup"/>

Usage in a file, note the gx:altitudeMode:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2">
<Document>
<name>Kelly5m_Rugosity_1_1_1.kml</name>
<GroundOverlay>
<gx:altitudeMode>clampToSeaFloor</gx:altitudeMode>
<drawOrder>20</drawOrder>
<name>Kelly5m_Rugosity_1_1_1.tif</name>
<Icon>
<href>Kelly5m_Rugosity_1_1_1.tif</href>
</Icon>
<LatLonBox>
<north>51.04529905</north>
<south>50.99906962</south>
<east>-121.7097378</east>
<west>-121.7845071</west>
</LatLonBox>
</GroundOverlay>
</Document>
</kml>

So I had created my kml genmodel / ecore files before I was aware of the gx extensions. Subsequently I created ext.genmodel and ext.ecore files which link to the kml.ecore and other ecore files, and generated new code.

I set up the ResourceSet roughly as follows:
resourceSet.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getExtensionToFacto ryMap().put(KML, new ExtResourceFactoryImpl());
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2", ExtPackage.eINSTANCE);
resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2", KmlPackage.eINSTANCE);

So the Ext (google extension) support should extend the kml loading.

Now with the new ecore:enum="false" in the schema, there is no longer an enum or class generated at all for the AltitudeModeEnumType.

Now, the DocumentRoot in the kml package has:
public String getAltitudeMode() {
return (String)getMixed().get(KmlPackage.Literals.DOCUMENT_ROOT__AL TITUDE_MODE, true);
}

and
public EObject getAltitudeModeGroup() {
return (EObject)getMixed().get(KmlPackage.Literals.DOCUMENT_ROOT__A LTITUDE_MODE_GROUP, true);
}

as does the DocumentRoot in the ext package:
public String getAltitudeMode() {
return (String)getMixed().get(ExtPackage.Literals.DOCUMENT_ROOT__AL TITUDE_MODE, true);
}
(and hmm ... I'm thinking that having 4 different DocumentRoot classes defined is probably a problem).

So the GroundOverlayType defined in kml now has this:
public EObject getAltitudeModeGroup() {
return altitudeModeGroup;
}

Hm. So that was a lot of detailed information yet still not a nice simple example. I guess the question is, what SHOULD I be doing to set up the resource so that a GroundOverlayType defined within the kml package will know to use the ext package to read something that has gx: in it (see above kml). It should now be possible to substitute them since they are not enums.

Thank you

Tamar
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662516 is a reply to message #662472] Wed, 30 March 2011 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30552
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tamar,

Comments below.

Tamar Cohen wrote:
> Ok -- starting over here, I have a feeling that the generated code is
> correct and I am doing something wrong in that it's using the wrong
> loader.
>
> So I may have written some / all of this before but I will post it
> here just to be clear. I am focusing on AltitudeModeEnumType which is
> extended in the other schema.
>
> KML Schema from google:
>
> <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml"
> xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
> xmlns:xal="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xAL:2.0"
> xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore"
> targetNamespace="http://www.opengis.net/kml"
> ecore:ignoreSubstitutionGroups="true"
> elementFormDefault="qualified"
> version="2.2.0">
>
> <simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType" ecore:enum="false">
> <restriction base="string">
> <enumeration value="clampToGround"/>
> <enumeration value="relativeToGround"/>
> <enumeration value="absolute"/>
> </restriction>
> </simpleType>
>
> <element name="altitudeModeGroup" abstract="true"/>
Oh, this is completely untyped. So that's like it having type
xsd:anyType. That means even a complex type instance is allowed, so
this maps to a reference of type EObject. I'm doubting you want it to
be that general.
> <element name="altitudeMode" type="kml:altitudeModeEnumType"
> default="clampToGround" substitutionGroup="kml:altitudeModeGroup"/>
>
>
> GX schema from google (google KML extensions)
> <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext"
> xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml"
> xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
> xmlns:xal="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xAL:2.0"
> targetNamespace="http://www.google.com/kml/ext"
> elementFormDefault="qualified" version="090102 BETA"
> xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore"
> ecore:ignoreSubstitutionGroups="true">
>
> <simpleType name="altitudeModeEnumType" ecore:enum="false" >
> <restriction base="string">
> <enumeration value="clampToSeaFloor"/>
> <enumeration value="relativeToSeaFloor"/>
> </restriction>
> </simpleType>
Wouldn't it be nicer if this actually restricted kml:altitudeModeGroup
rather than directly restricting string again?
>
> <element name="altitudeMode" type="gx:altitudeModeEnumType"
> substitutionGroup="kml:altitudeModeGroup"/>
>
> Usage in a file, note the gx:altitudeMode:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2"
> xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2">
> <Document>
> <name>Kelly5m_Rugosity_1_1_1.kml</name>
> <GroundOverlay>
> <gx:altitudeMode>clampToSeaFloor</gx:altitudeMode>
> <drawOrder>20</drawOrder>
> <name>Kelly5m_Rugosity_1_1_1.tif</name>
> <Icon>
> <href>Kelly5m_Rugosity_1_1_1.tif</href>
> </Icon>
> <LatLonBox>
> <north>51.04529905</north>
> <south>50.99906962</south>
> <east>-121.7097378</east>
> <west>-121.7845071</west>
> </LatLonBox>
> </GroundOverlay>
> </Document>
> </kml>
>
> So I had created my kml genmodel / ecore files before I was aware of
> the gx extensions. Subsequently I created ext.genmodel and ext.ecore
> files which link to the kml.ecore and other ecore files, and generated
> new code.
>
> I set up the ResourceSet roughly as follows:
> resourceSet.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getExtensionToFacto
> ryMap().put(KML, new ExtResourceFactoryImpl());
> resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2",
> ExtPackage.eINSTANCE);
ExtPackage.eNS_URI is equal to this string literal?
> resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put("http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2",
> KmlPackage.eINSTANCE);
>
> So the Ext (google extension) support should extend the kml loading.
> Now with the new ecore:enum="false" in the schema, there is no longer
> an enum or class generated at all for the AltitudeModeEnumType.
>
> Now, the DocumentRoot in the kml package has:
> public String getAltitudeMode() {
> return
> (String)getMixed().get(KmlPackage.Literals.DOCUMENT_ROOT__AL
> TITUDE_MODE, true);
> }
>
> and
> public EObject getAltitudeModeGroup() {
> return
> (EObject)getMixed().get(KmlPackage.Literals.DOCUMENT_ROOT__A
> LTITUDE_MODE_GROUP, true);
> }
>
> as does the DocumentRoot in the ext package:
> public String getAltitudeMode() {
> return
> (String)getMixed().get(ExtPackage.Literals.DOCUMENT_ROOT__AL
> TITUDE_MODE, true);
> }
> (and hmm ... I'm thinking that having 4 different DocumentRoot classes
> defined is probably a problem).
>
> So the GroundOverlayType defined in kml now has this:
> public EObject getAltitudeModeGroup() {
> return altitudeModeGroup;
> }
>
> Hm. So that was a lot of detailed information yet still not a nice
> simple example.
Not so much. I guess the picture would be much simplified if you changed

<element name="altitudeModeGroup" abstract="true"/>

to include type="xsd:string" given that in both substitution group cases
you're dealing with subtypes of xsd:string.
> I guess the question is, what SHOULD I be doing to set up the
> resource so that a GroundOverlayType defined within the kml package
> will know to use the ext package to read something that has gx: in it
> (see above kml). It should now be possible to substitute them since
> they are not enums.
It looks like you've done the right registrations already...
>
> Thank you
>
> Tamar
>
Re: Loading XML with a schema that extends via substitutionGroup [message #662698 is a reply to message #662516] Thu, 31 March 2011 15:36 Go to previous message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Messages: 103
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Aha! Eureka! That was it -- by explicitly setting the xsd type to string and regenerating code, I can now, finally, load my kml file! I had been trying not to change the schema as much as possible since Google created them and hosts them, and they will be revised -- but of course they were not created with EMF in mind.

Thanks as always for your invaluable help, Ed

Tamar
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Problem mapping an EMF relationship in Teneo
Next Topic:[CDO] CDOMergingConflictResolver in action
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 21 13:30:24 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01592 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top