Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » .Jar file problems with a mac(started following programming method stanford university cs106a)
.Jar file problems with a mac [message #557765] Wed, 08 September 2010 18:59 Go to next message
Feesdt  is currently offline Feesdt Friend
Hi everyone,

So I'm stuck here while I can't seem to get the .jar files working. I'm running leopard OSX 10.5.8

I read that Mac OSX comes with JRE. I checked the software update and everything appears to be fine. there's no new updates that need to be downloaded obviously since nothing is showing up.

Now in the course there's the manual telling us we're supposed to be importing our first assignment the way it is explained. I do exactly that and in Ecliplse's package explorer I get the contents of my project folder (named Assignment-1) looking like this.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DAF6y-lLpvnrHOFvJ79DNcT KamMfMyQXrGdPBlXqjss?feat=directlink

Now, the contents of the assignment-1 folder the way it looks in the manual is this. I made a little screenshot from the pdf of the manual:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qusNYJW5Nb7NTafNWt5A0MT KamMfMyQXrGdPBlXqjss?feat=directlink

So the contents of the Assignment-1 folder is supposed to have "JRE library" folder in it as wel as Karel.jar.

I checked in the finder to see if my karel.jar would be missing but no.
here's a screenshot from the contents of the Assignment-1 folder the way it is in the Finder of my mac.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wwSjoaur25rpXbNwVwxnj8TKamMfMyQXrGdPBlXqjss?feat=directlink

Any ideas? many thanks in advance!

Kevin

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2010 09:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: .Jar file problems with a mac [message #558742 is a reply to message #557765] Tue, 14 September 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feesdt  is currently offline Feesdt Friend
Hi,

I was wondering if my question is not clear or if it's a tough question to begin with?

I'm getting quite frustrated with trying to find the solution.

cheers,

Kevin
Re: .Jar file problems with a mac [message #558779 is a reply to message #558742] Tue, 14 September 2010 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 2010.09.14 3:34, Feesdt wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if my question is not clear or if it's a tough question
> to begin with?
>
> I'm getting quite frustrated with trying to find the solution.
>
> cheers,
> Kevin

No, your question isn't clear to me, but I will say that, while you can
run Eclipse on the JRE that comes already installed, it's not advisable.
Download a proper Sun Java Development Kit (JDK) and use that instead.
Look on java.sun.com for downloads.
Re: .Jar file problems with a mac [message #673860 is a reply to message #558779] Wed, 25 May 2011 01:26 Go to previous message
JC is currently offline JCFriend
Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem (going to update per last post now).
Previous Topic:permission error in eclipse
Next Topic:Installing Glassfish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:30:27 GMT 2024