Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » Access restrictions to BPELConstants(some constants are protected rather than public)
Access restrictions to BPELConstants [message #557686] Wed, 08 September 2010 14:09 Go to next message
Christoph is currently offline ChristophFriend
Was is done on purpose to set the access restrictions of
XMLNS_XPATH_QUERY_LANGUAGE_2004
and
XMLNS_XPATH_QUERY_LANGUAGE_2007
to protected instead of public? This question relates to the
org.eclipse.bpel.model.util.BPELConstants
class in version 1.9.

I need both values to create a collection of valid query languages that will be validated in a static analysis tool (implementing rule SA00004 of Appendix B in the WS-BPEL specification v2.0).
Since
XMLNS_XPATH_EXPRESSION_LANGUAGE_2004
and
XMLNS_XPATH_EXPRESSION_LANGUAGE_2004
are public, I don't get the point to restrict the former attributes to protected. Does anyone know more?
Re: Access restrictions to BPELConstants [message #557755 is a reply to message #557686] Wed, 08 September 2010 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi there!

It looks as if this was most likely an oversight because these constants have been "protected" ever since they were added in 2007 and I see no valid reason not to make them public.

If you could create a bugzilla for this and assign it to me, I'd be happy to make this change.

Bob
Re: Access restrictions to BPELConstants [message #558193 is a reply to message #557686] Fri, 10 September 2010 13:38 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi again,

I see you created bug 324825 to address this - thanks! I've made the (trivial) change and it should be available now.

FYI, I'm working on updating the downloads and update sites with the latest builds. I'll post on the project website when this is available.

Cheers!
Bob
Previous Topic:The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here?
Next Topic:Understanding the BPEL Validator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:47:11 GMT 2024