Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » empty IBinding for an entity declaration ?!?!
empty IBinding for an entity declaration ?!?! [message #556999] Fri, 03 September 2010 14:55 Go to next message
Nicolas Anquetil is currently offline Nicolas AnquetilFriend
Hi,

I have been posting questions on this problem recently.

JDT creates AST with null IBindings for some declared entities.

For example, the declaration of a method would produce a MethodDeclaration node, with a null node.resolveBinding().

After trying to understand that a bit more, I believe this happens when there is some reference from the entity that could not be solved.

Let me explain:

public class LaunchURL
implements IWorkbenchWindowActionDelegate, IExecutableExtension {
[...]
public void init(IWorkbenchWindow window) {
}
[...]

if IWorkbenchWindow is not found, then the binding for the declaration of method init will be null.

Can anyone confirm this?
If so, is there a way to ask it to kindly generate a Binding for method init? (objviously, if it does not know where IWorkbenchWindow is, it will not generate a binding or it!)

Anyway, in my case, I am parsing several java directories (several java project making up an old version of eclipse), one of which contains this IWorkbenchWindow.java.
Although it is not in the same directory as the class LaunchURL, I was assuming JDT would be able to make the link.
From what I can tell, it has all the sources needed to successfully resolve bindings (at least in this precise case, it has all it needs)

Is there something special I should do?
An option? A command? A parameter? ...

thank for your help

nicolas
Re: empty IBinding for an entity declaration ?!?! [message #557722 is a reply to message #556999] Wed, 08 September 2010 15:24 Go to previous message
Olivier Thomann is currently offline Olivier ThomannFriend
Did you enable the binding recovery ?
Previous Topic:Eclipse/Jigloo Question - Event Handler
Next Topic:Formatting - "Wrap before operator" option for conditionals?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:07:30 GMT 2024