Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » CDT + JDT?
CDT + JDT? [message #556583] Wed, 01 September 2010 21:51 Go to next message
Matt Matoran is currently offline Matt MatoranFriend
Hey everyone,

I'm a new developer and I recently stumbled upon Eclipse. The program is working great, but I have recently found that I need both the Eclipse CDT (C/C++) and Eclipse JDT (Java) at lot. I was wondering if there was a way to put the CDT and JDT together in one Eclipse program rather than having each in a separate Eclipse program.

In case that was a bit confusing, an example of what I would like to do is the following: When I click "New->Project" I would like to choose to create a C, C++, or Java project rather than having to open up Eclipse CDT to create C/C++ programs and Eclipse JDT to create Java programs.

Thanks,
Re: CDT + JDT? [message #556590 is a reply to message #556583] Wed, 01 September 2010 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 17:51 -0400, Matt Matoran wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm a new developer and I recently stumbled upon Eclipse. The program is working great, but I have recently found that I need both the Eclipse CDT (C/C++) and Eclipse JDT (Java) at lot. I was wondering if there was a way to put the CDT and JDT together in one Eclipse program rather than having each in a separate Eclipse program.
>
> In case that was a bit confusing, an example of what I would like to do is the following: When I click "New->Project" I would like to choose to create a C, C++, or Java project rather than having to open up Eclipse CDT to create C/C++ programs and Eclipse JDT to create Java programs.
>
> Thanks,
Yes, you can use one installation of Eclipse for both C++ and Java
development. Pick one of your installations (I would suggest C++) and
go to Help->Install New Software. Select the update site and search for
Java Development Tools. Select the tools and proceed through the
install screens.
Re: CDT + JDT? [message #556591 is a reply to message #556590] Wed, 01 September 2010 23:00 Go to previous message
Matt Matoran is currently offline Matt MatoranFriend
David Wegener wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 18:22
On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 17:51 -0400, Matt Matoran wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm a new developer and I recently stumbled upon Eclipse. The program is working great, but I have recently found that I need both the Eclipse CDT (C/C++) and Eclipse JDT (Java) at lot. I was wondering if there was a way to put the CDT and JDT together in one Eclipse program rather than having each in a separate Eclipse program.
>
> In case that was a bit confusing, an example of what I would like to do is the following: When I click "New->Project" I would like to choose to create a C, C++, or Java project rather than having to open up Eclipse CDT to create C/C++ programs and Eclipse JDT to create Java programs.
>
> Thanks,
Yes, you can use one installation of Eclipse for both C++ and Java
development. Pick one of your installations (I would suggest C++) and
go to Help->Install New Software. Select the update site and search for
Java Development Tools. Select the tools and proceed through the
install screens.

Alright. Thanks for your help!
Previous Topic:can't lookup the variable value when debuging jsp in Myeclipse
Next Topic:Import on preferences for Save Action fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:23:04 GMT 2024