Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Strange Print Dialog Behaviour(Diagram selection in the print dialog is ignored.)
Strange Print Dialog Behaviour [message #556093] Mon, 30 August 2010 18:34 Go to next message
Erich  is currently offline Erich Friend
Hello everybody!

First for the use case I'm trying to implement: I want to enhance the diagram printout and have already gotten to the point where I can paint on a GC, thanks to this posting ( http://cyberpen.wordpress.com/2008/07/27/print-all-gmf-diagr ams-with-a-single-click).

Now to the issue: Inside the print dialog I can chose to print one or more opened diagrams. When I press OK, only the first opened diagram is printed.

It seems that collectPrintInformation() method in SWTDiagramPrinterHelper kind of ignores the diagram selection from inside the print dialog. It returns a PrinterData object only which does not store any information about the selected diagrams.

This wouldn't be so bad if I could remove the diagram selection from the dialog somehow, but in another post ( http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=rview&goto=120 153&th=36979) this seemed pretty complicated.

Is there any solution for this?

Best regards,
Erich
Re: Strange Print Dialog Behaviour [message #557032 is a reply to message #556093] Fri, 03 September 2010 16:45 Go to previous message
Erich  is currently offline Erich Friend
Hi everybody!

I'll try to use the following line of code to get the printers, then make my own SWT print dialog.

PrintService[] printServices = printServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices(null, null);

The GMF classes JPSPrintDialog and PrinterBlock demonstrate how it can be done.

Best regards,
Erich
Previous Topic:Close al diagrams when exit
Next Topic:How children of an editPart are created?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:51:19 GMT 2024