Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Refresh of Composite update sites(It appears composite updates sites do not refresh if changed until restart)
Refresh of Composite update sites [message #555502] Thu, 26 August 2010 20:30
Matt Seashore is currently offline Matt SeashoreFriend
Hi, I'm trying to create composite update site to combine several internal update sites (each updated often via continuous integration builds) into a single, easier to use, update site.

This works well, however, when one of the underlying update sites changes, p2 does not seem to get the updated information for these new IU versions until I restart the application. Even if I rebuild the composite update site and the timestamp is updated, no changes will be found until restart. I can also remove/readd the repository in the application and no new updates will be found. However, for non-composite update sites, the refresh works fine without a restart.

This is problematic as this is a server application which checks for updates on start. Therefore a restart is necessary to even *check* for updates.

I'm using p2 from Eclipse 3.6 and accessing the repositories using the IArtifactRepositoryManager and IMetadataRepositoryManager services to get current IU's/refresh, etc. However, I've noticed the same behavior when pointing Eclipse 3.6 at my composite update site (underlying updates not found until restart even using 'refresh').

Is this caching behavior of composite update sites expected?

Is there a workaround to clear out p2's cache for these repositories so they can be refreshed without restart? Or perhaps something I'm doing wrong generating or refreshing the composite update sites?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:install license dialog
Next Topic:Refresh of Composite update sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:15:43 GMT 2024