Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Infocenter Mapping
Infocenter Mapping [message #555327] Thu, 26 August 2010 10:32 Go to next message
Matthias is currently offline MatthiasFriend
Hi,
I want the Infocenter to map incoming requests for context help to a better readable id. The mapping should be saved on infocenter side and is manually created.

For example
client->getContext(xy.plugin.View)-> [Infocenter] transform xy-plugin.View to "User View" -> returnHtml("User View" as Context ID) (instead of xy.plugin.View as Context Id)

is there a good way to achieve this? Can you give me some hints or examples? I have really no idea how this can work!

Thanks in advance
Re: Infocenter Mapping [message #555514 is a reply to message #555327] Thu, 26 August 2010 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Can you explain more about what you are wanting to do?
Re: Infocenter Mapping [message #556158 is a reply to message #555327] Tue, 31 August 2010 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias is currently offline MatthiasFriend
Hi,
sorry for the late answer.. I don't need to do this anymore, except that I want the application to send its version number with the requests for the help system so that the infocenter picks the proper entrys fitting to the version.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Infocenter Mapping [message #556340 is a reply to message #556158] Tue, 31 August 2010 21:13 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
The Eclipse Help System does not have any support for handling multiple versions of documents and selecting the correct one. The usual way to do this ( and the way help.ecliipse.org is organized ) is to create a separate infocenter for each major release.
Previous Topic:Eclipse help system Jasper, Jetty errors on startup
Next Topic:Infocenter as Webapp - Problems (Tomcat)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:02:19 GMT 2024