Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Method View
Method View [message #555194] Wed, 25 August 2010 18:51 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I think I remember seeing someone using this once..but is there a view that is just for displaying a method?
Re: Method View [message #555207 is a reply to message #555194] Wed, 25 August 2010 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Vosburgh is currently offline Brian VosburghFriend
No Real Name wrote on Wed, 25 August 2010 14:51
I think I remember seeing someone using this once..but is there a view that is just for displaying a method?

Preferences > Java > Editor > Only show the selected Java element
Re: Method View [message #555223 is a reply to message #555207] Wed, 25 August 2010 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is exactly what I'm looking for but is there a way to have a view/editor just to for that specific functionality? I don't want all of my java editors to behave that way. I just want a window specifically for that so I can reference the method while I'm coding something else.
Re: Method View [message #555230 is a reply to message #555194] Wed, 25 August 2010 23:46 Go to previous message
Actually I've found the functionality I wanted from http:// www.javaprogrammingforums.com/java-code-snippets-tutorials/4 718-java-tip-jul-5-2010-eclipse-ide-navigating-through-code. html

Quote:

It is possible to just show the code of a single section of a file. This allows you to edit a method or section of code without having to view through the other code (especially in large classes). This feature is actually not visible by default (at least not in Java editing). You have to click on the toolbar, choose customize perspective, in the Tool Bar Visibility tab, under Editor Presentation, check Show Source of Selected Element Only.

Previous Topic:Stack trace refuses to show line numbers, just says bci=nnn
Next Topic:MDB (EJB) Project - import errors on javaee.jar - Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:25:45 GMT 2024