Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » helios & "create project from existing source"
helios & "create project from existing source" [message #553518] Tue, 17 August 2010 19:04 Go to next message
lib is currently offline libFriend
http://code.google.com/p/xbee-api/wiki/GettingStartedWithEcl ipse

i'm using eclipse "helios" 3.6.0, and trying to follow the instructions from the above link.

where the instructions say:
####################################################
Ok so now it's time to create an Eclipse project. From the Eclipse file menu, select new->Java Project. Enter a name, for example "xbeefun".

Under contents, select "create project from existing source" and select the xbee-api folder (from the zip file you downloaded). Now you should be able to click "next" and "finish".
####################################################

i get lost at the "create project from existing source" which option i don't see in ver 3.6.0

i can create a project called "xbeefun", then import the API folder but then i' end up with what looks like two projects.

need a little help with getting this set up so i can try out the examples. thanks
Re: helios & "create project from existing source" [message #553570 is a reply to message #553518] Wed, 18 August 2010 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 15:04 -0400, lib wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/xbee-api/wiki/GettingStartedWithEcl ipse
>
>
> i'm using eclipse "helios" 3.6.0, and trying to follow the instructions from the above link.
>
> where the instructions say:
> ####################################################
> Ok so now it's time to create an Eclipse project. From the Eclipse file menu, select new->Java Project. Enter a name, for example "xbeefun".
>
> Under contents, select "create project from existing source" and select the xbee-api folder (from the zip file you downloaded). Now you should be able to click "next" and "finish".
> ####################################################
>
> i get lost at the "create project from existing source" which option i don't see in ver 3.6.0
>
> i can create a project called "xbeefun", then import the API folder but then i' end up with what looks like two projects.
>
> need a little help with getting this set up so i can try out the examples.. thanks
>

In the Java Project wizard, uncheck the Use default location box. Then
browse to the location were you extracted the source.
Re: helios & "create project from existing source" [message #553956 is a reply to message #553570] Thu, 19 August 2010 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
On 8/18/10 12:32 AM, David Wegener wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 15:04 -0400, lib wrote:
>> http://code.google.com/p/xbee-api/wiki/GettingStartedWithEcl ipse
>>
>>
>> i'm using eclipse "helios" 3.6.0, and trying to follow the instructions from the above link.
>>
>> where the instructions say:
>> ####################################################
>> Ok so now it's time to create an Eclipse project. From the Eclipse file menu, select new->Java Project. Enter a name, for example "xbeefun".
>>
>> Under contents, select "create project from existing source" and select the xbee-api folder (from the zip file you downloaded). Now you should be able to click "next" and "finish".
>> ####################################################
>>
>> i get lost at the "create project from existing source" which option i don't see in ver 3.6.0
>>
>> i can create a project called "xbeefun", then import the API folder but then i' end up with what looks like two projects.
>>
>> need a little help with getting this set up so i can try out the examples. thanks
>>
>
> In the Java Project wizard, uncheck the Use default location box. Then
> browse to the location were you extracted the source.
>

And then tell the xbee developers that their documentation is way out of
date and needs to be updated.

Eric
Re: helios & "create project from existing source" [message #554340 is a reply to message #553956] Sat, 21 August 2010 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did so...

thanks eric
Re: helios & "create project from existing source" [message #554341 is a reply to message #553570] Sat, 21 August 2010 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that worked....appreciate it David

Re: helios & "create project from existing source" [message #653874 is a reply to message #553570] Fri, 11 February 2011 16:32 Go to previous message
Steven  is currently offline Steven Friend
I suggest a second step...

Right click on the Project > Move > use default location...

That will get it into your Workspace with the rest of your projects.

Otherwise, Eclipse Helios seems to leave it where it was and just point to it.

~Steven
Previous Topic:Don't get MDT UML2 / UML2tools to run.
Next Topic:Cannot import JAR archives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:09:44 GMT 2024