Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Trouble enabling Zend debug
Trouble enabling Zend debug [message #552734] Fri, 13 August 2010 10:19 Go to next message
horseatingweeds is currently offline horseatingweedsFriend
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9 (XAMPP)

eclipse-php-helios-win32

First I tried the regular way of enabling Zend debugger described in the instructions here: http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/articles/debugger/os-php-eclipse- pdt-debug-pdf.pdf

I downloaded ZendDebugger from Zend.com and added the ZendDebugger.dll to the extension directory. Then edited php.ini like so:

[Zend]
zend_extension_ts = "C:\xampp\php\zendOptimizer\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts = "C:\xampp\php\zendOptimizer\lib\Optimizer"
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
;Zend debug
zend_extension="C:\xampp\php\ext\ZendDebbuder.dll"
zend_debugger.allow_hosts=127.0.0.1
zend_debugger.expose_remotely=always
;zend_optimizer.license_path =
; Local Variables:
; tab-width: 4
; End:

After shutting down Apache, it wouldn't restart, and I got the following error: PHP Fatal error: [Zend Optimizer] Zend Debugger must be loaded after Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0 in the Apache log

So I commented out the new settings, hit restart, and Apache restarted with this first in the error log: [Fri Aug 13 04:03:24 2010] [warn] pid file C:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

I looked around and found that the problem was running Zend Optimizer along side Zend Debugger and I needed to use Zend extension manager . Here is one explanation of how to do this: http://blog.tigeryao.com/2008/how-to-allow-zend-optimizer-an d-zend-debugger-coexist.html

I followed it. I renamed 5_2_x_comp to php-5.2.x, which contains the ZendDebugger.dll. Then made a 'ZendDebug' folder, put the php-5.2.x in there, and changed php.ini as follows:
[Zend]
zend_extension_ts = "C:\xampp\php\zendOptimizer\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts = "C:\xampp\php\zendOptimizer\lib\Optimizer"
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
;Zend debug
zend_extension_manager.debug_server_ts= "C:\xampp\php\ZendDebug"
zend_debugger.allow_hosts=127.0.0.1
zend_debugger.expose_remotely=always
;zend_optimizer.license_path =
; Local Variables:
; tab-width: 4
; End:

Next I shut down Apache, then tried restarting. According to the log Apache restarted successful. But XAMPP's control panel didn't act normal. The 'Start' button usually is replaced by a 'Stop' button, but instead it was just stalled on 'Start'. And I couldn't use it to shutdown.

I tried the xampp_restart.exe, which didn't clear things up. It did bring up a cmd with a message, some kind of error, something about mysql/bin. I commented out the new settings once again but XAMPP still wouldn't function right. I had to reboot to get things back.

Bottom line is, something still isn't right with these settings. Anyone have any advice?
Re: Trouble enabling Zend debug [message #552971 is a reply to message #552734] Sun, 15 August 2010 12:30 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
It sounds like that another instance of apache is running already.
You can get help from
apache friends - xampp for windows faq
also
Apache Friends Support Forum • View forum - XAMPP for Windows
It is a matter of XCP(XAMPP Control Panel) anyway.

Your ZendDebugger setting seems OK.
You may get more information if you run apatch_start.bat on Command Prompt. I don't care though.
Previous Topic:Javascript and jquery autocomplete
Next Topic:Connect workspace with www/ of wamp server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:58:07 GMT 2024