Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » 3.6 ecj and package-info.java
3.6 ecj and package-info.java [message #552597] Thu, 12 August 2010 18:16
Rob Hatcherson is currently offline Rob HatchersonFriend
I was attempting to build the open-source Janino project on Fedora 7 using the 3.6 ecj compiler. The author includes a package-info.java in one of his packages. When I attempt the buiId I get:

[javac] Compiling 97 source files to /usr/local/ZedaSoft/rhatcher/BuildOutput-main/ZedaSoft/Java/ ThirdParty/Janino/1.0/classes
[javac] ----------
[javac] 1. ERROR in /disk2/usr/local/ZedaSoft/rhatcher/prj-main/ZedaSoft/Java/Th irdParty/Janino/main/src/org/codehaus/commons/compiler/packa ge-info.java (at line 1)
[javac]
[javac] ^
[javac] The type package-info is already defined
[javac] ----------
[javac] 1 problem (1 error)

However, if I touch the package-info.java source file and re-run ant then it compiles the file ok. I thought this might be related to compiling multiple files at once, but after the build has failed the first time I can touch package-info.java plus any additional combination of files inside that package and it still builds ok.

If I ant clean, then ant again, the problem comes back as you might expect, but again only for the first build attempt.

javac doesn't have a problem with it.

Has anybody bumped into this?
Previous Topic:javaproject from folder
Next Topic:How to replace the icon used for Windows taskbar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:11:57 GMT 2024