Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Problem with jFace and i18n
Problem with jFace and i18n [message #551637] Sun, 08 August 2010 15:31 Go to next message
Christian Mising name is currently offline Christian Mising nameFriend
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Junior Member
Hi,

I'm trying to use RAP 1.3 for our application and I run into some trouble with the new multi-language system property in combination with jface and the language of buttons etc.. So far we used RAP 1.2, so what I did was to remove the "org.eclipse.rap.equinox.registry" plugin and adding "-Declipse.registry.MultiLanguage=true" to the VM arguments. For the translation I use fragments from the Babel project.
For messages used in the plugin.xml it seems to work but all buttons in the dialogs are only showing the messages from the babel fragment which will be wrong, if the language of the browser is for example English and the language of the babel fragment is German.
Did I do something wrong or is there something more to do?

Thanks for any hints.

Christian
Re: Problem with jFace and i18n [message #551689 is a reply to message #551637] Mon, 09 August 2010 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Christian,

the eclipse.registry.MultiLanguage property only affects the
localization of the extension registry.
When using the latest Bable translations for Helios [1] it worked like
expected.
Just for clarity, as I don't quite get the last sentence of you post,
note that using a Babel fragment doesn't actually change the locale. The
locale is determined from the browsers' Accept-Language header and can
be overridden with RWT#setlocale() (also see the JavaDoc).

HTH
Rüdiger

[1]
http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/babel_language_pac ks/I20100730-0400/helios.php

On 08.08.2010 17:32, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use RAP 1.3 for our application and I run into some
> trouble with the new multi-language system property in combination with
> jface and the language of buttons etc.. So far we used RAP 1.2, so what
> I did was to remove the "org.eclipse.rap.equinox.registry" plugin and
> adding "-Declipse.registry.MultiLanguage=true" to the VM arguments. For
> the translation I use fragments from the Babel project. For messages
> used in the plugin.xml it seems to work but all buttons in the dialogs
> are only showing the messages from the babel fragment which will be
> wrong, if the language of the browser is for example English and the
> language of the babel fragment is German.
> Did I do something wrong or is there something more to do?
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Christian
Re: Problem with jFace and i18n [message #551861 is a reply to message #551637] Mon, 09 August 2010 20:05 Go to previous message
Christian Mising name is currently offline Christian Mising nameFriend
Messages: 9
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Junior Member
Hello Rüdiger,

I was aware of the fact, that the browsers Accept-Language header is used to define the local, but in my case my browsers language was set to en_US, but the text in my message dialog was german. I think the reason was, that the default language of my host is german and my run configuration used the program argument "-nl ${target.nl}", so this is the default locale is "de". If I set the "-nl" argument in my run configuration to "en", it works.

Thanks for your help

Christian
Previous Topic:Javascript AnimationRenderer failed occasionally
Next Topic:Pop Up Window or Download Link
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Feb 27 18:22:37 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02072 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top