Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » turn off class caching in web development scenario
turn off class caching in web development scenario [message #551418] Fri, 06 August 2010 11:21 Go to next message
Dimitar Giormov is currently offline Dimitar GiormovFriend
Hi
I have setup a development scenario where the web bundles are installed as reference from my workspace.

In more details:
I have gemini running in my console.
I have eclipse running with my web bundle projects inside.

I have installed the bundles using install reference:file:/blabla/workspace/myWebProject1

Well everything works at first. Calling servlet X will generate output X as expected. But if I change the output of servlet X to Y the out put does not change on browser refresh.

Is there a way to turn off this caching mechanism?
Restart of the server fixes the problem, but I do not want to restart it.

I know that this scenario may be optimized, but I really need to turn off this caching mechanism.

Thanks,
Dimitar
Re: turn off class caching in web development scenario [message #551423 is a reply to message #551418] Fri, 06 August 2010 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Have you tried updating the bundle and/or using Package Admin to refreshPackages?

(Note that Virgo includes special support to handle static resource updates without requiring a bundle update and refreshPackages, but this support is not part of Gemini Web.)
Re: turn off class caching in web development scenario [message #551425 is a reply to message #551423] Fri, 06 August 2010 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitar Giormov is currently offline Dimitar GiormovFriend
thanks refresh actually fixed the problem.
But still is it possible to not cache if we use it in development mode.
Re: turn off class caching in web development scenario [message #551429 is a reply to message #551425] Fri, 06 August 2010 12:05 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I don't think so as you are presumably talking about changes to classes rather than static resources. Other than "hot code replace" if you modify a class under the debugger, you really have to recycle the class loader to get a new version of a class, which is what refresh does.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2010 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:p2 update site for Gemini Web?
Next Topic:Enterprise Modules Project (Gemini) FAQ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:48:10 GMT 2024