Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Are there any existing Structured Editors for Java?(Are there any existing Structured Editors for Java?)
Are there any existing Structured Editors for Java? [message #551374] Fri, 06 August 2010 08:13 Go to next message
PD  is currently offline PD Friend
Are there any existing open source (or free) Structured Editors for Java that work within Eclipse? By "Structured Editor", I mean an editor that lets you view and manipulate your Java code by manipulating the logical components of the code instead of just manipulating text characters (e.g. the ability to drag and drop an "if" statement from one place in your code to another).

I've done a lot of research on the web and I've had a hard time finding anything like this that is open source for Java and works in Eclipse. I'm hoping to able to use and or extend such an editor in my day-to-day 9-5 job.

Thanks in advance for any bit of advice you may have,
PD
Re: Are there any existing Structured Editors for Java? [message #554386 is a reply to message #551374] Sun, 22 August 2010 18:40 Go to previous message
PD  is currently offline PD Friend
Does anyone know of a structured editor for Java in Eclipse? I've found a few structure editors for Java (such as Barista and Code Views) but they are not integrated with Eclipse. Also see the Structure Editors entry in Wikipedia for more info on these kinds of editors.

Thanks again!
PD
Previous Topic:JPA Annotations
Next Topic:Two questions on Helios...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:26:27 GMT 2024