Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Starting additional OSGI bundle in the console
Starting additional OSGI bundle in the console [message #55432] Tue, 27 December 2005 13:18 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: glenns.web.de

Goal and Background:

I am trying to run another bundle besides the actual core bundle (org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.0.jar) in the console.

Steps performed:

1. The documentation from the Equinox page "Coding bundles on the Slug" served as an example for me. I was able to start the runtime and display the bundle state. However, I had to copy the org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.0.jar into a new folder.

2. Prepared a JAR file to display Hello World similar to the one in the documentation.

Problem:

I can not install nor start a bundle. The command "install test.jar" ends up with unknown source. The bundle does not necessarily have to be the "helloWorld-bundle" any other bundle is also fine.

I know that I am probably one of the candidates for a step by step tutorial. Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanx Bob
Re: Starting additional OSGI bundle in the console [message #55511 is a reply to message #55432] Fri, 30 December 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Schikowski is currently offline Martin SchikowskiFriend
hello bob,

first of all: why did you hav to copy the org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.0.jar into a new folder?

For the installation of a new osgi-bundle use "install file:test.jar" for installing test.jar from the actual folder.

Please post, when you have further questions.

martin
Re: Starting additional OSGI bundle in the console [message #57717 is a reply to message #55511] Tue, 24 January 2006 04:23 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jeff_nospam_mcaffer.ca.ibm.com

Note that you might want to use reference: URLs when installing to avoid the
copying of the bundle...

Jeff
"Martin Schikowski" <schikowski@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:1438365.1135970314851.JavaMail.root@cp1.javalobby.org...
> hello bob,
>
> first of all: why did you hav to copy the org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.0.jar into
a new folder?
>
> For the installation of a new osgi-bundle use "install file:test.jar" for
installing test.jar from the actual folder.
>
> Please post, when you have further questions.
>
> martin
Previous Topic:Alternatives for deprecated IPluginDescriptor::getPluginClassLoader
Next Topic:plugins is not a valid directory when launching through Java Web Start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:56:44 GMT 2024