Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » egit status differs from git command line one
egit status differs from git command line one [message #549853] Wed, 28 July 2010 08:48 Go to next message
Luca Ferrari is currently offline Luca FerrariFriend
Hi all,
I've noted that in my Eclipse Helios, with Egit 0.8.4, there are always differences in what the command line git sees and what egit sees. In particular:
1) if I commit from egit, I can see the commit in the command line but a command line git status gives me the same dirty index as the previous commit.
2) on a new created project egit states that I have to commit .classpath, .project and .settings, while my exclude file has the following (and in fact git status from the command line gives me nothing to commit):

*~
*.class
build/*
.*.xml
.*
build.number
.project
.settings/*

Now, while problem 2 can be solved with Window->Preferences->Git->Ignored Resources adding items from exclude into that, problem 1 has not a trivial solution for me.
Any explanation of that and/or clues on how to solve?
Re: egit status differs from git command line one [message #550051 is a reply to message #549853] Wed, 28 July 2010 21:48 Go to previous message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
Hi,

problem 1 is easy to explain: egit/jgit did not honor your exclude file or any .gitignore file. In the last days there was a lot of work in that area and in theory jgit/egit is able to understand your .gitignore files (not sure about the exclude file, I guess you mean that at .git/info/exclude file, right?). Means: you don't have to wait long anymore until we honor your excludes

problem 2 sounds interesting. Have you created a bug for this issue in bugzilla?
Previous Topic:[JGit] Where is DirChacheCheckout
Next Topic:egit status differs from git command line one
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:18:10 GMT 2024