Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Exception when shutting down Equinox service
Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #55326] Thu, 25 October 2007 05:19 Go to next message
Setya Nugdjaja is currently offline Setya NugdjajaFriend
Messages: 567
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I used 'close' command to shutdown & exit Equinox service, but it threw
the following exception:

WARNING: EXCEPTION
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.RegistryPersistence$4.befor eDestroy(RegistryPersistence.java:593)
at
org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.SessionStoreImpl.valueUnbou nd(SessionStoreImpl.java:130)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager$Session.unb indValue(AbstractSessionManager.java:923)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager$Session.inv alidate(AbstractSessionManager.java:731)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager.stop(Abstra ctSessionManager.java:498)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doStop(ServletHandl er.java:475)
at org.mortbay.util.Container.stop(Container.java:154)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.doStop(HttpContext.java:1760)
at org.mortbay.util.Container.stop(Container.java:154)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.stop(HttpContext.java:1728)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStop(HttpServer.java:751)
at org.mortbay.util.Container.stop(Container.java:154)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager.sh utdown(HttpServerManager.java:122)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.Activator.stop(Activ ator.java:86)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$3 .run(BundleContextImpl.java:1032)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s top(BundleContextImpl.java:1028)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.stopWork er(BundleHost.java:396)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.stop (AbstractBundle.java:400)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.BundleStopper.basi cStopBundles(BundleStopper.java:86)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.BundleStopper.stop Bundles(BundleStopper.java:73)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAdaptorHook .frameworkStopping(EclipseAdaptorHook.java:156)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.frameworkStopping(B aseAdaptor.java:288)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.shutdown( Framework.java:538)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.close(Fra mework.java:449)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.close(OSGi.jav a:41)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandPro vider._close(FrameworkCommandProvider.java:1098)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandInt erpreter.execute(FrameworkCommandInterpreter.java:145)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.do command(FrameworkConsole.java:293)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.co nsole(FrameworkConsole.java:278)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.ru n(FrameworkConsole.java:213)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The exception wasn't thrown if I didn't invoke my application before
shutting down Equinox.

Any ideas ?

Best Regards,

Setya
Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #55629 is a reply to message #55326] Fri, 26 October 2007 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fappel.innoopract.com

Hi,

see news:ffrurh$k0a$1@build.eclipse.org.

Ciao
Frank


"Setya" <jsetya@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:5963efe105eca84036cd5449095ebdc0$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> I used 'close' command to shutdown & exit Equinox service, but it threw
> the following exception:
>
> WARNING: EXCEPTION java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.RegistryPersistence$4.befor eDestroy(RegistryPersistence.java:593)
> at
> org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.SessionStoreImpl.valueUnbou nd(SessionStoreImpl.java:130)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager$Session.unb indValue(AbstractSessionManager.java:923)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager$Session.inv alidate(AbstractSessionManager.java:731)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager.stop(Abstra ctSessionManager.java:498)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doStop(ServletHandl er.java:475)
> at org.mortbay.util.Container.stop(Container.java:154)
> at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.doStop(HttpContext.java:1760)
> at org.mortbay.util.Container.stop(Container.java:154)
> at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.stop(HttpContext.java:1728)
> at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStop(HttpServer.java:751)
> at org.mortbay.util.Container.stop(Container.java:154)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager.sh utdown(HttpServerManager.java:122)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.Activator.stop(Activ ator.java:86)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$3 .run(BundleContextImpl.java:1032)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.s top(BundleContextImpl.java:1028)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.stopWork er(BundleHost.java:396)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.stop (AbstractBundle.java:400)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.BundleStopper.basi cStopBundles(BundleStopper.java:86)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.BundleStopper.stop Bundles(BundleStopper.java:73)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAdaptorHook .frameworkStopping(EclipseAdaptorHook.java:156)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.frameworkStopping(B aseAdaptor.java:288)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.shutdown( Framework.java:538)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.close(Fra mework.java:449)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.close(OSGi.jav a:41)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandPro vider._close(FrameworkCommandProvider.java:1098)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandInt erpreter.execute(FrameworkCommandInterpreter.java:145)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.do command(FrameworkConsole.java:293)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.co nsole(FrameworkConsole.java:278)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.ru n(FrameworkConsole.java:213)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>
> The exception wasn't thrown if I didn't invoke my application before
> shutting down Equinox.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Setya
>
Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #73524 is a reply to message #55629] Mon, 11 February 2008 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Turcotte is currently offline Patrick TurcotteFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

We have a similar problem on Tomcat.

We deploy our war, the rap application works.

We shutdown tomcat, and get a stack trace similar to the following.

Then, our application won't restart (upon tomcat restart), unless we
remove the files under catalina.home/work/

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Patrick

Frank Appel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> see news:ffrurh$k0a$1@build.eclipse.org.
>
> Ciao
> Frank
>
>
> "Setya" <jsetya@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:5963efe105eca84036cd5449095ebdc0$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used 'close' command to shutdown & exit Equinox service, but it threw
>> the following exception:
>>
>> WARNING: EXCEPTION java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.RegistryPersistence$4.befor eDestroy(RegistryPersistence.java:593)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.SessionStoreImpl.valueUnbou nd(SessionStoreImpl.java:130)
>> at
[snip...]
Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #73614 is a reply to message #73524] Tue, 12 February 2008 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Donnelly is currently offline Ryan DonnellyFriend
Messages: 35
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,
I am seeing the same problem when restarting Tomcat
(news://news.eclipse.org:119/foqjbh$bd6$1@build.eclipse.org)
but do not see the stack trace you do when I shut down. I restart using
the Tomcat Configuration manager, stop service and start service
commands (in Windows, context menu commands on the notification area
icon for Tomcat).

Where do you see this stack trace?


Thanks,

Ryan


Patrick Turcotte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a similar problem on Tomcat.
>
> We deploy our war, the rap application works.
>
> We shutdown tomcat, and get a stack trace similar to the following.
>
> Then, our application won't restart (upon tomcat restart), unless we
> remove the files under catalina.home/work/
>
> Any idea on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick
>
> Frank Appel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> see news:ffrurh$k0a$1@build.eclipse.org.
>>
>> Ciao
>> Frank
>>
>>
>> "Setya" <jsetya@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:5963efe105eca84036cd5449095ebdc0$1@www.eclipse.org...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I used 'close' command to shutdown & exit Equinox service, but it
>>> threw the following exception:
>>>
>>> WARNING: EXCEPTION java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.RegistryPersistence$4.befor eDestroy(RegistryPersistence.java:593)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.SessionStoreImpl.valueUnbou nd(SessionStoreImpl.java:130)
>>>
>>> at
> [snip...]
Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #73632 is a reply to message #73614] Tue, 12 February 2008 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Turcotte is currently offline Patrick TurcotteFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I see it in $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out

(Seems I forgot to mention we are using Tomcat 5.5, Java 6 on Ubuntu)

Patrick

Here is the complete stack

Feb 12, 2008 11:11:13 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager stop
SEVERE: Exception unloading sessions to persistent storage
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.RegistryPersistence.dispose (Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.MenuPersistence.dispose(Unknow n Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.WorkbenchMenuService.dispose(U nknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.ServiceLocator.dispose(Unkn own Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.shutdown(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$6(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$14.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$2.run(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UICallBackServiceHandler. runNonUIThreadWithFakeContext(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$ShutdownHandler.beforeDest roy(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.SessionStoreImpl.valueUnbou nd(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttributeI nternal(StandardSession.java:1615)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObject(Stan dardSession.java:1458)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObjectData( StandardSession.java:938)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doUnload(Standar dManager.java:516)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.unload(StandardM anager.java:462)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.stop(StandardMan ager.java:666)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContex t.java:4358)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(Container Base.java:892)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConf ig.java:1164)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java: 1135)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostCo nfig.java:312)
at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent (LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.ja va:1054)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.ja va:1066)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine. java:447)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardServic e.java:512)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer. java:743)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:601)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stop(Bootstrap.java:30 6)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at
org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.stop(DaemonLo ader.java:200)

Ryan Donnelly wrote:
> Hi,
> I am seeing the same problem when restarting Tomcat
> (news://news.eclipse.org:119/foqjbh$bd6$1@build.eclipse.org)
> but do not see the stack trace you do when I shut down. I restart using
> the Tomcat Configuration manager, stop service and start service
> commands (in Windows, context menu commands on the notification area
> icon for Tomcat).
>
> Where do you see this stack trace?
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan
>
Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #73864 is a reply to message #73632] Thu, 14 February 2008 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fappel.innoopract.com

Hi,

which version of RAP do you use? We did some bugfixes around this stuff
which are available in CVS since the beginning of last week.

Ciao
Frank

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Patrick Turcotte [mailto:patrek@gmail.com]
Bereitgestellt: Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 17:14
Bereitgestellt in: eclipse.technology.rap
Unterhaltung: Exception when shutting down Equinox service
Betreff: Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service



Hi,

I see it in $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out

(Seems I forgot to mention we are using Tomcat 5.5, Java 6 on Ubuntu)

Patrick

Here is the complete stack

Feb 12, 2008 11:11:13 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager
stop
SEVERE: Exception unloading sessions to persistent storage
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.RegistryPersistence.dispose (Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.MenuPersistence.dispose(Unknow n Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.WorkbenchMenuService.dispose(U nknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.ServiceLocator.dispose(Unkn own Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.shutdown(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$6(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$14.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$2.run(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UICallBackServiceHandler. runNonUIThre
adWithFakeContext(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$ShutdownHandler.beforeDest roy(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.rwt.internal.service.SessionStoreImpl.valueUnbou nd(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttributeI nternal(Stan
dardSession.java:1615)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObject(Stan dardSession.
java:1458)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObjectData( StandardSess
ion.java:938)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doUnload(Standar dManager.jav
a:516)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.unload(StandardM anager.java:
462)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.stop(StandardMan ager.java:66
6)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContex t.java:4358)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(Container Base.java:89
2)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConf ig.java:1164
)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java: 1135)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostCo nfig.java:31
2)
at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent (LifecycleSu
pport.java:119)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.ja va:1054)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.ja va:1066)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine. java:447)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardServic e.java:512)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer. java:743)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:601)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.jav
a:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessor
Impl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stop(Bootstrap.java:30 6)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.jav
a:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessor
Impl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at
org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.stop(DaemonLo ader.java:20
0)

Ryan Donnelly wrote:
> Hi,
> I am seeing the same problem when restarting Tomcat
> (news://news.eclipse.org:119/foqjbh$bd6$1@build.eclipse.org)
> but do not see the stack trace you do when I shut down. I restart
> using the Tomcat Configuration manager, stop service and start service

> commands (in Windows, context menu commands on the notification area
> icon for Tomcat).
>
> Where do you see this stack trace?
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan
>
Re: Exception when shutting down Equinox service [message #73989 is a reply to message #73864] Thu, 14 February 2008 14:18 Go to previous message
Patrick Turcotte is currently offline Patrick TurcotteFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

We are using 1.1-M1.

We'll try CVS and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Patrick
> Hi,
>
> which version of RAP do you use? We did some bugfixes around this stuff
> which are available in CVS since the beginning of last week.
>
> Ciao
> Frank
>


--
.... We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works. Douglas Adams
Previous Topic:PreferenceStore not supported?
Next Topic:Architecture overview
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jun 10 05:51:21 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02285 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top