Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » New GMF Project
New GMF Project [message #548488] Thu, 22 July 2010 07:13 Go to next message
Martin  odloucký is currently offline Martin odlouckýFriend
Hi, I am having trouble starting a new GMF project in Eclipse 3.6. I am a newbie to GMF so I tried to follow this tutorial

http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial

but when I get to creation of a new GMF project I cannot find item "New GMF Project" in the New Dialog (Ctrl+N). There is also no cheat sheet similar to the one desribed in the tutorial.

I have installed Eclipse Modeling Tools from the eclipse download page and then installed Graphical Modeling Framework Tooling using the "Install Modeling Components" menu command. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is the tutorial perhaps out-of-date by now?

Thanks for any help.
Re: New GMF Project [message #551040 is a reply to message #548488] Wed, 04 August 2010 22:55 Go to previous message
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
I installed the DSL Toolkit which has a wizard for creating a DSL project. Not sure if it is what you want but afaik GMF is a subset of the the DSL Toolkit. I'm also a n00b still but I did manage to create my first simple class diagram editor for an Ecore model. The tutorial you are referring to is not entirely correct I think. I'm having problems with the layout example in part 3 for instance. -A

Edit: Or, you could add (install) the Modeling components to the basic Helios release and you'll have your wizard. I'll need to see if some of my issues are perhaps solved in this version...

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2010 23:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Strange behavior with links between contained elements in GMF generated editor.
Next Topic:Blocks with defined inputs and ouptuts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:53:39 GMT 2024