Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » debug / edit existing web applications on the local server(what is the proper way?)
icon5.gif  debug / edit existing web applications on the local server [message #547992] Tue, 20 July 2010 11:03 Go to next message
Onur Safak is currently offline Onur SafakFriend
Hey Eclipsers!

I'm an experienced developer and very new to Eclipse PDT.

Question What is the proper way to (setup) debug and edit an existing web application on a local server?

I have several local sites running on a virtual windows machine using different domain names, which also is a development environment.
To debug & edit an existing web application, I currently use (file / new / php project / create project at existing location) and selec the web root folder like 'd:\webroot\mysite\html'.

This results in :

1 - Eclipse files and a special folder created in the web root, which is not good. I'd prefer project files kept on a different location and not modify the existing website's structure.

2 - (debug configurations / php web page / url / auto generate) to fail making the right url string. It always adds the project name like:
http://mysite.com/myprojectname/index.php
So I have to uncheck 'auto generate' and delete the project name part. It's not hard, but it kinda points to a problem with the configuration as it shows we couldn't describe the IDE the local files' locations on the site, so it's not aware.
I tried mapping ' / ' to the root folder on file system on the server configuration, but this made no difference.

Am I following a wrong path?

Thank you!
Onur

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2010 11:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: debug / edit existing web applications on the local server [message #548192 is a reply to message #547992] Wed, 21 July 2010 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
I'm always using Linked Folder.
(New>Folder>Advanced>Linked Folder)
Unfortunately,
Bug 236971 - Annoying behavior for auto-generating the URL
Re: debug / edit existing web applications on the local server [message #548240 is a reply to message #547992] Wed, 21 July 2010 08:41 Go to previous message
Onur Safak is currently offline Onur SafakFriend
Thanks Toshihiro, this helped much!
Previous Topic:Unable to open file: ...\org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions\jvmargs
Next Topic:Autocomplete for PHP variables and methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:35:27 GMT 2024