Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it?(RAP F1 Help)
My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it? [message #547020] Thu, 15 July 2010 03:46 Go to next message
lyp  is currently offline lyp Friend
Hi all experts,
My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it?

I want to do like this:
When user press the key of F1 for help, it will popup a new custom window, but not the default IE help window.

Best Regards
Re: My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it? [message #547035 is a reply to message #547020] Thu, 15 July 2010 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yury Mising name is currently offline Yury Mising nameFriend
Hi, Iyp.

Try to use this way http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_do_I_implement_a_key_bin ding_that_triggers_a_Command.3F to implemented KeyListener to handle F1 pressing.
Guess it helps.

Yury.
Re: My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it? [message #547039 is a reply to message #547020] Thu, 15 July 2010 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

The nature of RAP doesnt alouw Function keys (F1 up to F12). Remember that RAP runs in a sandbox (the Browser they often have set functions to the Function keys (e.g. F1 in Google Chrome is new TAB)). This means binding keys to Function keys like F1 is impossible unless you change the Browser your end user works with (writing your own or something like that but even then I think qooxdoo dont support it.

You can by using the given link bind keys to CTR+1 etc. But I have a hard head in bidning keys with F1 etc.

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
Re: My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it? [message #547062 is a reply to message #547020] Thu, 15 July 2010 11:05 Go to previous message
Benjamin Muskalla is currently offline Benjamin MuskallaFriend
Hi,

you can use Control#addHelpListener. This even prevents the native help
window from the browser itself and you can fire up your own help window.

Regards,
Ben

lyp wrote:
> Hi all experts,
> My application have to handle function key F1 itself.How to do it?
>
> I want to do like this:
> When user press the key of F1 for help, it will popup a new custom
> window, but not the default IE help window.
>
> Best Regards

--
Benjamin Muskalla | EclipseSource Karlsruhe
http://www.eclipsesource.com | http://twitter.com/eclipsesource
Previous Topic:BIRT integration
Next Topic:RAP acess problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:45:28 GMT 2024