Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Import diargams from 2 file appaorach to single file approach.?(How to import or automatically generate the xmi-id when converting diagram file from 2 file approach to single file approach )
Import diargams from 2 file appaorach to single file approach.? [message #545985] Fri, 09 July 2010 19:25
sowmya Mising name is currently offline sowmya Mising nameFriend
Hi
In my project I was previoulsy using 2 file approach in which For every diargam file there was 1 file for diagram components and 1 file for the model. The model files did not have xmi-id. But still when I imported the diagram file to the next version of the project(2 file approach) and tried to open the diagram files in the editor. It could be opened.

(Note : By xmi-ids I mean the ids present in the diagram file corresponding to the elements and transitions on the editor. )

But recently I moved my project to single file approach in which I have a single file for both the diagram components and model.

Now I am trying to import the older diagram files with 2 file approach into the new version with single file approach. But these diagram files do not open when importd to the single file approach. I have observed that the files when migrated to single file approach have both the diagram and model in a single file but do not have the xmi id for the model , and so they cannot be opened when imported.

Is there any way in which diagram files in the 2 file approach can be imported and opened in the single file approach.
Or is it possible to generate the xmi-ids in any wayso as to make the imported files open in single file approach. Could anybody provide some help on this?

Previous Topic:Replace a figure with a GUI
Next Topic:Change behaviour of keyboard arrows in diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 05:14:16 GMT 2024