Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Adding a new php project to eclipse(joomla-xampp-eclipse)
Adding a new php project to eclipse [message #545229] Wed, 07 July 2010 09:26
Kev is currently offline KevFriend
Hi,

I have set up a virtual server on my win XP machine using XAMPP and Eclipse. I then created a new PHP project in the eclipse workbench containing all of the joomla site source code. Everything seems to be working fine.

I now need to set up two new sites (or php projects), using different joomla templates, to upload to hosting servers. My queston is:

To create the new sites (which I will be working on in tandem) do I need to import the joomla source code again for the two new sites and follow the same setup procedure as I did previously?

Or, do I create a new php project in eclipse, using the existing joomla source installation. which would give me the following project contents, in the eclipse workbench?

C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla_development\Joomla 1.5 Source (my original "existing" joomla source installation)
C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla_development\Project 1
C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla_development\Project 2

And run all the projects from one source installation?

I have checked the forums and cannot find a definitive guide on how to set this up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Kev.
Previous Topic:Eclipse PDT & MAMP
Next Topic:Content help without creating a project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:42:14 GMT 2024