Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » How to best deal with broken Maven2 meta-data(maven-metadata.xml is broken for quite a number of public repositories)
icon5.gif  How to best deal with broken Maven2 meta-data [message #545176] Tue, 06 July 2010 22:39
Christian Kesselheim is currently offline Christian KesselheimFriend
I'm under the impression (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Buckminster currently requires each Maven2 repository it consumes to contain valid maven-metadata.xml resources at all times. Maven itself, on the other hand, will only use this information as a subtle hint on how to best resolve open version ranges such as "[3.1-alpha1,)".

Unfortunately, quite a number of public Maven2 repositories (e.g. SpringSource or even iblio) have problems with the consistency of their maven-metadata.xml files at present:

Thus I wonder: Is there a way to force Buckminster to simply "probe" for matching POM/JAR files of a given Maven2 component, especially if the given designated version of the dependency itself is already quite explicit/unambiguous on what artefact would have to be retrieved?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Previous Topic:Include optional dependencies
Next Topic:"Unable to acquire application service" on Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:48:27 GMT 2024