Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Debugging with ruby 1.9.1
Debugging with ruby 1.9.1 [message #543358] Tue, 29 June 2010 08:21 Go to next message
Ian Dickinson is currently offline Ian DickinsonFriend
I'm not having any success trying to debug ruby 1.9.1 code under DLTK 2.0. If I select the Ruby built-in debugger, and then try to debug a script, I get an error dialog box and the following in the console:

Quote:
/tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/AbstractRunner.rb:97: warning: else without rescue is useless
/tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/BasicRunner.rb:10:in `require': /tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/AbstractRunner.rb:94: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting keyword_then or ',' or ';' or '\n' (SyntaxError)
when nil: NullLogManager.new
^
/tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/AbstractRunner.rb:95: syntax error, unexpected keyword_when, expecting keyword_end
when 'stdout': StdoutLogManager.new
^
/tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/AbstractRunner.rb:95: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting keyword_end
when 'stdout': StdoutLogManager.new
^
/tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/AbstractRunner.rb:105: syntax error, unexpected keyword_end, expecting $end
from /tmp/dltk1440.tmp/debugger/BasicRunner.rb:10:in `<top (required)>'
from /usr/bin/ruby1.9.1:0:in `require'

I've also installed ruby-debug19, but when I try to launch a script after selecting the Fast ruby debugger engine, I get an error saying that ruby-debug is not installed. Ruby-debug (as opposed to ruby-debug19) won't install, saying that 1.9 is not supported.

Any suggestions for debugging Ruby 1.9.1 under DLTK 2.0 would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Ian
Re: Debugging with ruby 1.9.1 [message #552842 is a reply to message #543358] Fri, 13 August 2010 17:55 Go to previous message
Ian Dickinson is currently offline Ian DickinsonFriend
Bump.

I still don't have a solution to this, despite updating to the 2.0 release of DLTK.

Any suggestions please? Should I log this as a bug?

Thanks,
Ian
Previous Topic:Question regarding syntax coloring (+a question on launch configurations)
Next Topic:Problem with run menu action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:47:35 GMT 2024