Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Eclipse 3.5 build with 3.4 plugins
Eclipse 3.5 build with 3.4 plugins [message #541871] Tue, 22 June 2010 20:53 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Messages: 561
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Hello,

The plugins I am trying to build in buckminster 3.5 were developed in eclipse 3.4. During materialization I see this error:
Quote:

ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit. features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No component match was found
WARNING [0000] : Component request com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) is inconflict with request com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[4.0.1.v20090822,4.0.1.v20090822]
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit. features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No component match was found
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit. features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No component match was found
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit. features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No component match was found
Finished: FAILURE


And this line in particular:
Quote:

WARNING [0000] : Component request com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) is inconflict with request com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[4.0.1.v20090822,4.0.1.v20090822]


I tried to put com.ibm.icu 3.8 into buckminster headless but have the same error. Is it not possible have two versions of com.ibm.icu in buckminster (I see two different junit jars versions), and if not is the solution to change my plugin dependencies (not directly, but via other plugins: gef) to use 4.0.1 version?

thanks for your help,
Alex
Re: Eclipse 3.5 build with 3.4 plugins [message #541882 is a reply to message #541871] Tue, 22 June 2010 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Messages: 2509
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
just to make sure some basic things are clear:
- The Buckminster version that builds something does not have to be
based on the same Eclipse release as what is being built.
- When building, things in the workspace are built against each other
and what is specified in the Target Platform (TP).
- Buckminster can materialize a TP based on the dependencies of what is
being built (in Buckminster 3.5 a MSPEC is always required to direct
materialization of some material to a TP, in Buckminster 3.6 there are
defaults that may be sufficient).

So:
- You would never need to install anything from Eclipse 3.4 (Europa)
into a 3.5 based Buckminster in order to build for 3.4. (Or using
Buckminster 3.6 to build against 3.5 or 3.4 etc.). So, there is no need
to "put anything into Buckminster headless" that is supposed to be in
the TP you are building against.

- You seem to be saying that you are building something against 3.4, yet
using the Galileo repository (which is 3.5). The 3.4 release was called
Europa. So, what are you trying to do? Is it building components against
Eclipse 3.5 that were originally created for Eclipse 3.4? If so, there
may be API changes and incompatibilities and you need to change both the
dependencies in source of your components as well as the code itself to
make it work.

- henrik


On 6/22/10 10:53 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The plugins I am trying to build in buckminster 3.5 were developed in
> eclipse 3.4. During materialization I see this error:
> Quote:
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap
>> file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit.
>> features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
>> ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import(
>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No
>> component match was found
>> WARNING [0000] : Component request
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) is inconflict with request
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[4.0.1.v20090822,4.0.1.v20090822]
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap
>> file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit.
>> features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
>> ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import(
>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No
>> component match was found
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap
>> file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit.
>> features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
>> ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import(
>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No
>> component match was found
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in resourceMap
>> file:/home/akravets2/.hudson/jobs/buckminster/workspace/iit.
>> features/com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.site/trunk.local .ak.rmap
>> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.3,4.0.0) was found in searchPath galileo
>> ERROR [0000] : Rejecting provider eclipse.import(
>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo?importType=bina ry): No
>> component match was found
>> Finished: FAILURE
>
> And this line in particular:
> Quote:
>> WARNING [0000] : Component request
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[3.4.0,4.0.0) is inconflict with request
>> com.ibm.icu:osgi.bundle/[4.0.1.v20090822,4.0.1.v20090822]
>
> I tried to put com.ibm.icu 3.8 into buckminster headless but have the
> same error. Is it not possible have two versions of com.ibm.icu in
> buckminster (I see two different junit jars versions), and if not is the
> solution to change my plugin dependencies (not directly, but via other
> plugins: gef) to use 4.0.1 version?
>
> thanks for your help,
> Alex
>
Re: Eclipse 3.5 build with 3.4 plugins [message #541888 is a reply to message #541882] Tue, 22 June 2010 23:33 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Messages: 561
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Thanks Henrik,
Quote:

Is it building components against
Eclipse 3.5 that were originally created for Eclipse 3.4?


Yes, that's exactly what I am trying to do, I was thrown off by this error because when I materialize my plugins into workspace in 3.5 there were no conflicts with different version of com.ibm.icu, which is 4.0.1.
Previous Topic:product.ant where can I find example ?
Next Topic:Convert target platform to p2 update site
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jul 25 07:40:54 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02302 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top