Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » RE: [buckminster-dev] create.eclipse.jnlp.product issues
RE: [buckminster-dev] create.eclipse.jnlp.product issues [message #540571] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:31
Martin Klinke is currently offline Martin KlinkeFriend
Messages: 80
Registered: July 2009
Member
Dieter,

Thanks for your help. We have managed to get it working with these and some further adjustments. My colleagues would now like to create a patch for buckminster but unfortunately the SVN repository seems to be down at the moment.

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/tools/org.eclipse.buckminster /trunk

=> "Could not open the requested SVN filesystem"

We will try again later and see if we get access to the source. Maybe someone with the ability to look into the SVN installation reads this and can help...

Regards,
Martin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: buckminster-dev-bounces@eclipse.org [mailto:buckminster-dev-bounces@eclipse.org] Im Auftrag von Cailliau, Dieter
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Juni 2010 16:32
An: Buckminster developer discussions
Betreff: RE: [buckminster-dev] create.eclipse.jnlp.product issues

I have reported such problems last year (with eclipse 3.5). We managed to get around it using a number of tricks we scripted (below). So our prodcedure is: using create.eclipse.jnlp.product, fixing its jnlp files, unsign/sign, and packaging with the jnlp-servlet.jar as a war.

Probably a number of things have already been improved: we did not follow the buckminster latest development since we got it working.

<replace dir="${jnlp.dir}">
<include name="**/*.jnlp" />
<replacetoken>features/</replacetoken>
<replacevalue>
</replacevalue>
</replace>
<replace dir="${jnlp.dir}">
<include name="**/*org.eclipse.equinox.executable*.jnlp" />
<replacetoken>&lt;information&gt;</replacetoken>
<replacevalue> &lt;information&gt;&lt;vendor&gt;eclipse& ;lt;/vendor&gt; </replacevalue>
</replace>
<replaceregexp byline="true" match=".jar href=.plugins/org.eclipse.swt.wpf.win32.x86.jar.*>" replace="" flags="s">
<fileset dir="${jnlp.dir}" includes="*.jnlp" />
</replaceregexp>
<replaceregexp byline="true" match=".jar href=.plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.wpf.win32.x86.jar .* >" replace="" flags="s">
<fileset dir="${jnlp.dir}" includes="*.jnlp" />
</replaceregexp>
<replaceregexp byline="true" match=".jar href=.plugins/org.eclipse.compare.win32.jar.*>" replace="" flags="s">
<fileset dir="${jnlp.dir}" includes="*.jnlp" />
</replaceregexp>

<target name='unsign'>
<buckminster.signatureCleaner>
<fileset dir='${jnlp.dir}/plugins'>
<include name='*.jar' />
</fileset>
</buckminster.signatureCleaner>
</target>


<target name="sign">
<signjar alias="..." storepass="..." keypass="..." keystore="...">
<fileset dir="${jnlp.dir}/plugins">
<include name="*.jar" />
</fileset>
</signjar>
</target>



-----Original Message-----
From: buckminster-dev-bounces@eclipse.org on behalf of Martin Klinke
Sent: Tue 15/06/2010 15:07
To: buckminster-dev@eclipse.org
Subject: RE: [buckminster-dev] create.eclipse.jnlp.product issues

Hello all,

while investigating in creating a Java Web Start package from an Eclipse RCP product with Buckminster, we found that the generated JNLP file for the wrapper feature references the JNLP files for the dependent features with a wrong href-location.

The structure generated by Buckminster looks like this:


- features

o feature1.jar

o feature2.jar

o ...

- plugins

o plugin1.jar

o plugin2.jar

o ...

- wrapper.jnlp

- feature1.jnlp

- feature2.jnlp

Whereas in the wrapper.jnlp file the feature1.jnlp and feature2.jnlp files are referenced as

<extension ... href="features/feature1.jnlp" />
<extension ... href="features/feature2.jnlp" />


There was a short discussion on this topic a while ago via this list where the same problem has occurred. Please let me know if someone can tell me about the current state of the JNLP generation in Buckminster. We are about to create an EAR of our Java EE application with an Eclipse RCP client that we would also like to build via Buckminster. We can already build the RCP product with Buckminster on Hudson and have now almost succeeded in build ing a Web Start version. So we are almost there but this seems to be a show stopper...

Btw, we are using the latest 3.6 version (pulled in automatically via Buckminster/Hudson integration).

Thanks,
Martin Klinke

PS: For your reference, the original messages on this list are
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/buckminster-dev/msg0095 0.html, http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/buckminster-dev/msg0098 8.html and http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/buckminster-dev/msg0098 9.html

PPS: I have also posted this on the newsgroup, sorry for bothering you if this is not the right place to ask.
Previous Topic:RE: [buckminster-dev] create.eclipse.jnlp.product issues
Next Topic:Building macosx .zip's for an RCP app fails
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jun 22 11:39:30 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02222 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top