Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » how to construct the defining feature in a slot (instance)(can I point to the target( OUT) model)
how to construct the defining feature in a slot (instance) [message #539139] Wed, 09 June 2010 18:23 Go to next message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
hi all

My question is about the validity of creating a new defining feature in the slot of an instance when transforming to new instance.

actually the scenario is that ,of course we use transformation to create new classes and attributes so , then the instances' slot defining feature should be some thing new,not was in the source:

I guess the definition of the defining feature should be one of two
either reference this as property in a the target model , so it was created in previous matched rule >...

or recreating it in conformance to the previous created referenced property in class or association , or some thing like this,

actually I tried the second solution but I guess it fails due to many missing information as the owner of this property and so on...

can some tell me how o construct new defining feature for each slot

thanks in advanced
Re: how to construct the defining feature in a slot (instance) [message #539155 is a reply to message #539139] Wed, 09 June 2010 19:19 Go to previous message
wafaa is currently offline wafaaFriend
hi again
i have just read that Target models cannot be navigated.

so the first proposed solution is neglected though
Previous Topic:Unique Matched Rule !
Next Topic:[QVTo] Extract port conjugation from an RSA-RTE model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:59:05 GMT 2024