Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Framework extension unexpectedly active
Framework extension unexpectedly active [message #538421] Mon, 07 June 2010 15:41 Go to next message
Ben Vitale is currently offline Ben VitaleFriend
I'm using the EMMA OSGi extension to measure code coverage during our builds.

http://www.eclemma.org/research/instrumentingosgi/index.html

Today I switched over from Eclipse 3.5 to 3.6RC3 as the base Eclipse we're building against.

All of a sudden it seems the EMMA OSGi hook is active in the framework even when osgi.framework.extensions is not set. This means it's trying to measure code coverage while executing a PDE build.

The only time I want it active is when I actually run our JUnit tests, at which point I am definitively setting it:

<sysproperty key="osgi.framework.extensions" value="org.eclemma.runtime.equinox"/>

Can anyone shed light on what might have changed to cause this?

Thanks.
Ben
Re: Framework extension unexpectedly active [message #538441 is a reply to message #538421] Mon, 07 June 2010 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
I know in 3.5 better support was added for framework extensions (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241477)

I would expect this to work the same across 3.5 and 3.6. I suspect that when you install EMMA the framework extension is getting configured into your base eclipse automatically. But that does not explain why you did not see this in 3.5. Can you look at the eclipse.ini file for both installations. You should see the osgi.framework.extensions property being set there.

Tom.
Re: Framework extension unexpectedly active [message #538475 is a reply to message #538421] Mon, 07 June 2010 16:58 Go to previous message
Ben Vitale is currently offline Ben VitaleFriend
I do see an empty osgi.framework.extensions property in my 3.5 config.ini, whereas in 3.6 it specifies the EMMA bundle.

The only other delta I see is that 3.6 has equinox.use.ds=true.

If I understand the enhancements made for 3.5, this is expected behavior (presence of extension fragment => extension active). I suppose I'll just move the EMMA fragment out of the Eclipse base install and tell PDE build to find it someplace else when it's needed.
Previous Topic:How to export other (separate) projects with another plug-in project?
Next Topic:a normal (immediate) component instantiated twice unexpectedly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:08:16 GMT 2024