Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » SWT libraries not found (Buckminster in headless mode: the build failled because SWT.display is not found)
SWT libraries not found [message #538295] Mon, 07 June 2010 09:32 Go to next message
Sabri Skhiri is currently offline Sabri SkhiriFriend
Hi,

I am using Buckminster in headless for building a P2 site, but the build failed because it does not find the SWT libraries.

Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.editor: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point. Fix the build path then try building this project Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.editor/src/com/swift/standards/marketpractice/mt/MTMarketPractice/presentation/MtmarketpracticeEditorAdvisor.java, line 1: The type org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
Finished: FAILURE  

I launch buckminster from hudson with:
importtargetdefinition -A '${WORKSPACE}/com.ena.swift.feature.site/swiftV2.target'
import '${WORKSPACE}/com.ena.swift.feature.site/swiftV2.cquery' 
build 
perform -D target.os=linux -D target.ws=gtk -D target.arch=x86 com.ena.swift.fetaure.site#site.p2

I have also tries with os=* ws=* but it makes the same. Obviously it does not find the right SWT target platform for compiling. However invoking the p2 site from the rmap locally in my Eclipse on the same machine works fine. Any idea ?

Thank you,

Sabri.

Re: SWT libraries not found [message #538326 is a reply to message #538295] Mon, 07 June 2010 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
Hi Sabri,

Looks like you don't have the platform dependent SWT fragments in your target platform. You probably need to either pull in
org.eclipse.swt.* (e.g. org.eclipse.swt.linux.gtk.x86) with explicit dependencies, or add something like the org.eclipse.rcp feature to your
dependencies that already has those.

cheers,
Carsten

On 07.06.2010 11:32, Sabri Skhiri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Buckminster in headless for building a P2 site, but the build failed because it does not find the SWT libraries.
>
> Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards. marketpractice.mt.editor: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point. Fix the build path then try building this project Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards. marketpractice.mt.editor/src/com/swift/standards/marketpract ice/mt/MTMarketPractice/presentation/MtmarketpracticeEditorA dvisor.java, line 1: The type org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
> Finished: FAILURE
>
> I launch buckminster from hudson with:
> importtargetdefinition -A '${WORKSPACE}/com.ena.swift.feature.site/swiftV2.target'
> import '${WORKSPACE}/com.ena.swift.feature.site/swiftV2.cquery'
> build
> perform -D target.os=linux -D target.ws=gtk -D target.arch=x86 com.ena.swift.fetaure.site#site.p2
>
> I have also tries with os=* ws=* but it makes the same. Obviously it does not find the right SWT target platform for compiling. However invoking the p2 site from the rmap locally in my Eclipse on the same machine works fine. Any idea ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sabri.
>
>
Re: SWT libraries not found [message #538340 is a reply to message #538326] Mon, 07 June 2010 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Carsten,
Thank you for the answer, I added a reference to the SWT framgment in my feature, but I cannot specify explicitly swt for GTK since, I want ton build an update site for Linux and windows. But now, by adding a fragment dependencies to my feature I can see in the buckminster headless log:
Platform install location: /home/sskhiri/dev/buckminster-headless
Target platform provided by class org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform
Project com.ena.swift.feature now has dynamic dependencies to com.ena.swift.cdo com.ena.swift.cdo.query.util com.ena.swift.compare com.ena.swift.meta_model_registry com.ena.swift.standards.changes com.ena.swift.standards.changes.edit com.ena.swift.standards.changes.editor com.ena.swift.standards.changes.tests com.ena.swift.standards.publicationview.editor com.swift.standards.common com.swift.standards.iso20022 com.swift.standards.iso20022.actions com.swift.standards.iso20022.edit com.swift.standards.iso20022.editor com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.edit com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.editor com.swift.standards.newmt com.swift.standards.newmt.edit com.swift.standards.newmt.editor com.swift.standards.view com.swift.standards.view.actions com.swift.standards.view.edit com.swift.standards.view.editor com.swift.standards.view.tests org.eclipse.swt org.eclipse.rcp
Project com.ena.swift.feature.site now has dynamic dependencies to com.ena.swift.feature org.eclipse.swt org.eclipse.rcp

and later in the logs:
Workspace project found at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/plugins/org.eclipse.swt/
Found workspace project for org.eclipse.swt
org.eclipse.swt:osgi.bundle(&(|(target.os=linux)(target.os=win32))(|(target.ws=gtk)(target.ws=win32))): Found match org.eclipse.swt:osgi.bundle$3.5.2.v3557f
org.eclipse.rcp:osgi.bundle: Using resolver Local resolver
org.eclipse.rcp:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(materialized)

Then it should be ok but still the same error:
Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.editor: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point. Fix the build path then try building this project
Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.editor/src/com/swift/standards/marketpractice/mt/MTMarketPractice/presentation/MtmarketpracticeEditorAdvisor.java, line 1: The type org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Have you got any idea ?

Sabri.
Re: SWT libraries not found [message #538354 is a reply to message #538340] Mon, 07 June 2010 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
It looks like you added the rcp plugin. Try adding the rcp feature, that is what includes all the platform specific bundles.

On 07.06.2010 14:27, Sabri Skhiri wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
> Thank you for the answer, I added a reference to the SWT framgment in my feature, but I cannot specify explicitly swt for GTK since, I want ton build an update site for Linux and windows. But now, by adding a fragment dependencies to my feature I can see in the buckminster headless log:
> Platform install location: /home/sskhiri/dev/buckminster-headless
> Target platform provided by class org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform
> Project com.ena.swift.feature now has dynamic dependencies to com.ena.swift.cdo com.ena.swift.cdo.query.util com.ena.swift.compare com.ena.swift.meta_model_registry com.ena.swift.standards.changes com.ena.swift.standards.changes.edit com.ena.swift.standards.changes.editor com.ena.swift.standards.changes.tests com.ena.swift.standards.publicationview.editor com.swift.standards.common com.swift.standards.iso20022 com.swift.standards.iso20022.actions com.swift.standards.iso20022.edit com.swift.standards.iso20022.editor com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.edit com.swift.standards.marketpractice.mt.editor com.swift.standards.newmt com.swift.standards.newmt.edit com.swift.standards.newmt.editor com.swift.standards.view com.swift.standards.view.actions com.swift.standards.view.edit com.swift.standards.view.editor com.swift.standards.view.tests org.eclipse.swt org.eclipse.rcp
> Project com.ena.swift.feature.site now has dynamic dependencies to com.ena.swift.feature org.eclipse.swt org.eclipse.rcp
>
>
> and later in the logs:
>
> Workspace project found at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/plugins/org.eclipse. swt/
> Found workspace project for org.eclipse.swt
> org.eclipse.swt:osgi.bundle(&(|(target.os=linux)(target. os=win32))(|(target.ws=gtk)(target.ws=win32))): Found match org.eclipse.swt:osgi.bundle$3.5.2.v3557f
> org.eclipse.rcp:osgi.bundle: Using resolver Local resolver
> org.eclipse.rcp:osgi.bundle: Trying provider local(materialized)
>
> Then it should be ok but still the same error:
>
> Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards. marketpractice.mt.editor: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point. Fix the build path then try building this project
> Error: file /var/lib/hudson/jobs/SWIFT_V2/workspace/com.swift.standards. marketpractice.mt.editor/src/com/swift/standards/marketpract ice/mt/MTMarketPractice/presentation/MtmarketpracticeEditorA dvisor.java, line 1: The type org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Point cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
>
> Have you got any idea ?
>
> Sabri.
Re: SWT libraries not found [message #538397 is a reply to message #538354] Mon, 07 June 2010 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK great it works, thank you !

Sabri.
Re: SWT libraries not found [message #538452 is a reply to message #538354] Mon, 07 June 2010 16:21 Go to previous message
Actually I have to explicitly reference the <plugin id="org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86" fragment="true"/> in my rcp.product otherwise:
* Buckminster does not check out the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 in the plugin directrory of the hudson workspace
* the compilation does not work
But my product should be downloaded from the p2 update site whatever your are win or linux.
Is there any way to not explicitly name the GTK x86 but using the target platform mechanism instead ?

Sabri.
Previous Topic:PDE JUnit Test with buckminster headless for eclipse 3.5
Next Topic:Headless build: The import junit cannot be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:55:04 GMT 2024