Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [QVTO] standalone qvt stereotypes in profile not recognized
[QVTO] standalone qvt stereotypes in profile not recognized [message #537758] Thu, 03 June 2010 14:44 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:


I am having trouble applying stereotypes to an UML element in an
outmodel when running a standalone QVT transformation.
My profile is loaded ok, since I can retrieve/apply the profile from/to
a a UML::Model. The problem is that the base types of the stereotypes
are not recognized. I can retrieve all stereotypes from a profile, but
when I call getExtendedMetaClasses() on those stereotypes, the name of
the base class is 'null'. And stereotype applications will not be done,
getApplicableStereotypes() on an element does not show the stereotypes
When I run the same transformation with the same input parameters, I do
get the correct names of the meta classes and I can apply the
stereotypes to model elements.
This means It must be possible, but I am doing something wrong, but I do
not know what. I probably need to register some URI mapping or register
another package which I did not register yet...
I created a small example of a standalone transformation, which can be
found here :

To run this example a a standalone application, following jars should be
in the classpath :
org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.ecore.imperativeocl_3.0.0.v20091209- 1553.jar

The output in the console shows that the metaclasses are unknown (name =
'null'). When you run the transformation 'transforms/Test.qvto' directly
from within eclipse, with as parameter 'models/patterns.uml', the output
shows that the metaclasses are correctly recognized.

So now for the big question :
What am i doing wrong?????? and how should I change the project in the
forementioned zip to make it work?

Dear regards,
Tony Van Beers.
Re: [QVTO] [SOLVED] standalone qvt stereotypes in profile not recognized [message #537861 is a reply to message #537758] Thu, 03 June 2010 21:39 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

The problem is solved, thanks to Sergey Boyko!

I used a wrong resource the create the URI mappings for the UML
metamodel. In the project attached to the original post, in the
'initMetamodels()' method I refered to following jar :
Replacing this reference with :
solved the problem.

Sergey rules!

Previous Topic:[QVTO] mapping to EType
Next Topic:[ATL] Launching ATL from Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 22 04:05:42 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01767 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top