Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit download page error(I tried to download EGit on Linux and MacOSX both with Firefox and Safari without success.)
EGit download page error [message #537269] Tue, 01 June 2010 18:14 Go to next message
Krisztian VASAS is currently offline Krisztian VASASFriend
I got the following error both on Linux and MacOSX when i tried to see the page with Firefox and Safari:

Error: doc.documentElement is null
Source File: http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates/
Line: 51

Can someone tell me if i miss something or this is just a problem. Btw i checked the source and seems that the site.xml file is missing.
Re: EGit download page error [message #537443 is a reply to message #537269] Wed, 02 June 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
Hi,

the URLs work for me. They are p2 update-site links to be entered in
Eclipse. I started eclipse, select "Help->Install new software" and entered
one of the the links there.
There is no html-content behind these URLs. The mechanism used here is the
new p2 which does not anymore use a site.xml.

Stefan
Re: EGit download page error [message #537470 is a reply to message #537443] Wed, 02 June 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the help, i thought i have to download something manually. With the method you mentioned i was able to install EGit.
EGit download/install on standalone network [message #540656 is a reply to message #537269] Wed, 16 June 2010 21:01 Go to previous message
Justin  is currently offline Justin Friend
I realize Egit uses the new P2 update mechanism. My problem is that I manage a stand alone network (not connected to the internet) and I'd like to add Egit to my existing Eclipse clients. This was easy with the old site.xml, but I'd like to still do it with P2.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Re: EGit download page error [message #581040 is a reply to message #537443] Wed, 02 June 2010 14:49 Go to previous message
Thanks for the help, i thought i have to download something manually. With the method you mentioned i was able to install EGit.
Previous Topic:Change log
Next Topic:EGit download page error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:45:13 GMT 2024