Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Is the Generic Log Adapter alive?
Is the Generic Log Adapter alive? [message #537130] Tue, 01 June 2010 12:29 Go to next message
Patrick Zimmermann is currently offline Patrick ZimmermannFriend
Hello,
I am new to the TPTP project and am interested in the log analyzer. There is some seemingly outdated documentation and a video showing the functionality of the Generic Log Adapter.

All links to GLA specific downloads are dead and the TPTP downloads doesn't seem to contain the GLA perspective. I have a file called org.eclipse.hyades.logging.adapter.ui_4.3.200.v201002100300. jar in my eclipse/plugins folder so I guess it should be there. Did I miss it?

Can someone point me to some up to date documentation about the GLA and the log analyzer of TPTP in general?

Thanks.
Re: Is the Generic Log Adapter alive? [message #537198 is a reply to message #537130] Tue, 01 June 2010 15:12 Go to previous message
Rui Azevedo is currently offline Rui AzevedoFriend
Hi Patrick,

I too have been working recently with GLA and LTA and found the documentation not so good.

I think that from newer versions than 4.5.0 there is no LTA nor GLA with TPTP. So you can use the 4.5.0 version with eclipse and all will work. But I must advise you that there is one small thing that I've found not working well in TPTP 4.5.0, which is the adapter file configuration editor. It doesn't saves the changes you make to the file, so perhaps the best for you is to use TPTP 4.4.1.

Regarding up to date documentation about GLA and LTA I can't point you to a specific place because I never found one. What I did was search in several places, including this forum and IBM's forums and eventually could understand things.

If you have specific questions post here and I will try and help you.
Previous Topic:Allocation Details for String
Next Topic:Collecting results from plugin profiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:48:55 GMT 2024