Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP Tooltip description only black(When I put the mouse on a function, the BG and text are black, so I can't read...)
PHP Tooltip description only black [message #536007] Wed, 26 May 2010 15:55 Go to next message
Ícaro Scherma is currently offline Ícaro SchermaFriend
Hi,

I've installed Eclipse (I think that's the last edition) with PDT, Aptana, SVN... in Ubuntu 10.04 x64...
The autocompletion is fine, the things that I use are very fine, but the Tooltip description of the php things are with black text and black background (illegible), the HTML tooltips are fine...
Someone knows how can I change the color, to fix this bug ?

PS.: I tried to take a screenshot but when I press "Print Screen", it "closes" the tooltip and Ubuntu asks to save screen, so, the picture doesnt have the "black box"...

Thanks,
Ícaro Scherma.
Re: PHP Tooltip description only black [message #536394 is a reply to message #536007] Fri, 28 May 2010 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
See
PHP Popup documentation

BTW,
PDT2.2RC1 doesn't have this issue for tooltip(function hover). It becomes much better Smile
Content assist information(next to Completion listbox) is still black but it will be solved on GA, maybe.
Re: PHP Tooltip description only black [message #536402 is a reply to message #536007] Fri, 28 May 2010 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man... I tried a lot here to install PDT 2.2 but I couldnt... the Mylyn and SDK have been installed successfully... but the Runtime insists to ask for a package named "~core.group~" and i couldnt find and install him... so, the runtime (the main part) its still in 2.1 ...
Im using ubuntu 10.04 as I said before and I installed the Eclipse from the Ubuntu Software Manager...
\o thanks for all
Re: PHP Tooltip description only black [message #537498 is a reply to message #536007] Wed, 02 June 2010 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somebody know how to install PDT 2.2 in Lucid Lynx (Ubuntu 10.04), because I have removed the whole Eclipse and installed again, but every time it bugs, it says that the installation was successful but it don't open PHP files...
Ps.: My Eclipse version is the one from Software Manager (3.5.2)...
\o
Re: PHP Tooltip description only black [message #538572 is a reply to message #536007] Tue, 08 June 2010 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
It is black because of the new theme of Ubuntu, I've posted it here to change the black tooltip:
http://tipstank.com/2010/05/23/solve-eclipse-black-pop-up-co de-assist-box-in-ubuntu-10-4-lucid/
Re: PHP Tooltip description only black [message #538661 is a reply to message #536007] Tue, 08 June 2010 11:26 Go to previous message
Hi... the problem isnt the black bg, because i tried to changing ubuntu themes, but keep showing the same problem *nothing to show*. When i downloaded helios rc3 (with pdt 2.2), the problem has gone.
Mod, plz close this topic ^^.
Previous Topic:PHPEclipse installationw woes
Next Topic:Namespaces and ctrl+click
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:57:52 GMT 2024