Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » CCombo: dropdown seems to be a little too "autonomous"(CCombo: focus handling)
CCombo: dropdown seems to be a little too "autonomous" [message #534019] Mon, 17 May 2010 18:03 Go to next message
Thomas  is currently offline Thomas Friend
I have a problem with my CCombo dropdown that I'm creating in a pretty standard way:

CCombo ccombo = new Combo(parent, SWT.FLAT);
ccombo.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL_HORIZONTAL));

The problem is that sometimes in my application when you click the dropdown the dropdown opens up correctly but the rest of the dialog disappears. Once I've selected an item from the CCombo the dialog comes back to normal. I don't have the same problem if I use Combo instead of CCombo (though Combo has other issues irrelevant to this post).
I've investigated the behavior and it seems to me like the CCombo dropdown, even though its certainly a child window in relationship to the dialog seems to enjoy a certain level of "independence" that other dialog control don't have (not even Combo, as opposed to CCombo). When you click CCombo it takes the focus away from the parent dialog - the dialog title bar changes from blue to grey. Also when you try to copy the current window using Alt+Prnt Scrn while the dropdown is displayed you only end up copying the dropdown, not the dialog. Note that this is not the behavior with Combo: in this case the dialog retains the focus and remains the top-level window at all times.
Thoughts? Is there a way to make CCombo behave like Combo, i.e. not take the focus away from the parent dialog?
Re: CCombo: dropdown seems to be a little too "autonomous" [message #534179 is a reply to message #534019] Tue, 18 May 2010 09:55 Go to previous message
Praveen  is currently offline Praveen Friend
Please refer to the below bug reports :
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=19396
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=254612
Previous Topic:Composite consructor throws IllegalArgumentException on a non-null argument
Next Topic:Changing parent of widgets problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 01:00:31 GMT 2024