Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Model based debugging(Model based debugging)
Model based debugging [message #533858] Mon, 17 May 2010 10:00 Go to next message
SC  is currently offline SC Friend
Hello,

We have created a GMF based model editor to describe our flows graphically. Using this we generate relevant JAVA code (M2T) for our flows and deploy the same on app server. Now we want debugging support such that when the app server is up in debug mode and relevant break points set in generated Java code, the debug view shows the values in graphical GMF editor instead of Java code. I assume for that we have to customize the default debug perspective of Eclipse. Any pointers for that? Please let me know if my query is not clear, will add more details.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Model based debugging [message #533900 is a reply to message #533858] Mon, 17 May 2010 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

A good starting point is this article: http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html.

~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Model based debugging [message #533902 is a reply to message #533900] Mon, 17 May 2010 12:50 Go to previous message
SC  is currently offline SC Friend
Thanks this is what I was looking for.
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Java application runner
Next Topic:Re: transform EMF Object withJET2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:33:58 GMT 2024