Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » need apache and php to run test.php using eclipse?(Do I need to set up a local server first?)
need apache and php to run test.php using eclipse? [message #533036] Wed, 12 May 2010 03:25 Go to next message
AYB is currently offline AYBFriend
Hi,

I am new to eclipse.

Do I need apache and php installed on my laptop in order to run the debugger? In another word, do I need to set up a local server? (I did download the studio web debugger.)

I have an account at GoDaddy.com. Will this help me to avoid installing apache and php on my laptop if I need to run the debugger?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Re: need apache and php to run test.php using eclipse? [message #533183 is a reply to message #533036] Wed, 12 May 2010 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Huselton is currently offline Jason HuseltonFriend
You don't have to. If your server has the Zend Debugger or XDebug installed, you should be able to connect the PDT debugger to your remote location. Be careful, Zend debugger in a production environment is not advised, but if it is a personal or nonsensitive website go for it.

Also, if you are using a shared server, you may not have the ability to install the Zend Server Community Edition or XDebug on the server itself. If you don't have that option, you will need to either use a local apache, php, zend installation or install using a Virtaul Machine running something like CentOS.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: need apache and php to run test.php using eclipse? [message #533259 is a reply to message #533183] Wed, 12 May 2010 18:42 Go to previous message
AYB is currently offline AYBFriend
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

How do I connect to the godaddy though? (It is a shared server. I think. But I would like to try.)

Which version of PDT should I install on my laptop?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Previous Topic:XDebug is not stopping at breakpoints
Next Topic:html and javascript code assist does't work in php files with PDT2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:23:05 GMT 2024