Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Problem with plugin dependency
Problem with plugin dependency [message #532198] Fri, 07 May 2010 13:40 Go to next message
Mario Cervera is currently offline Mario CerveraFriend
Hi,

I have the following problem. I have sucessfully installed in my Eclipse the
plugin X. The functionality it provides is available in the environment. The
problem is that it appears in the "Plug-in Registry" view but not in the
"Plug-ins" view. Very strange. Even stranger is the fact that in the
manifest file of a plugin Y I can't add a dependency with the plugin X
because it is not found.

What can be causing this? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Mario
Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #532910 is a reply to message #532198] Tue, 11 May 2010 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
There is a difference between installing a plug-in into your host IDE and developing against a plug-in. The plug-in registry shows what you have installed in the IDE, what you are currently running. The plug-ins view shows the set of plug-ins you are developing against (what plug-ins PDE knows about).

The plug-ins that PDE knows about is defined by the Target Platform. To modify your target platform, go to Preferences > PDE > Target Platform. The default target platform should be the contents of your IDE, so pressing restore defaults on the preference page may fix your issue.
Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #532955 is a reply to message #532910] Tue, 11 May 2010 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've gone to Preferences > PDE > Target Platform and my plug-in does not
appear in the "Plug-ins" tab, not even pressing restore defaults :-(

"Curtis Windatt" <cwindatt@ca.ibm.com> escribi
Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #532961 is a reply to message #532198] Tue, 11 May 2010 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What version of Eclipse are you using. I was referring to the behaviour in 3.5/3.6. How did you install your plug-ins into the IDE?
Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #532988 is a reply to message #532961] Tue, 11 May 2010 18:32 Go to previous message
It is actually an RCP application based on 3.4 (Ganymede). I have installed
the plug-in just by copying it into the plugins folder

Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #605762 is a reply to message #532198] Tue, 11 May 2010 14:32 Go to previous message
There is a difference between installing a plug-in into your host IDE and developing against a plug-in. The plug-in registry shows what you have installed in the IDE, what you are currently running. The plug-ins view shows the set of plug-ins you are developing against (what plug-ins PDE knows about).

The plug-ins that PDE knows about is defined by the Target Platform. To modify your target platform, go to Preferences > PDE > Target Platform. The default target platform should be the contents of your IDE, so pressing restore defaults on the preference page may fix your issue.
Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #605765 is a reply to message #605762] Tue, 11 May 2010 16:37 Go to previous message
I've gone to Preferences > PDE > Target Platform and my plug-in does not
appear in the "Plug-ins" tab, not even pressing restore defaults :-(

Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #605766 is a reply to message #532198] Tue, 11 May 2010 17:10 Go to previous message
What version of Eclipse are you using. I was referring to the behaviour in 3.5/3.6. How did you install your plug-ins into the IDE?
Re: Problem with plugin dependency [message #605768 is a reply to message #605766] Tue, 11 May 2010 18:32 Go to previous message
It is actually an RCP application based on 3.4 (Ganymede). I have installed
the plug-in just by copying it into the plugins folder

Previous Topic:building a custom eclipse product
Next Topic:How to get an editable IPluginModelBase?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:53:24 GMT 2024