Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse won't work after zend/eclipse/pdt uninstall and reinstall(org.eclipse.osgi error: no swt-win32-3555 or swt-wvrin32 in swt.library.path, )
Eclipse won't work after zend/eclipse/pdt uninstall and reinstall [message #532045] Thu, 06 May 2010 21:47 Go to next message
rj  is currently offline rj Friend
Sorry for the long post but I've been working at this for days off and on and I'm absolutely saturated, frustrated and losing my will to live. I'd be grateful if anyone knows the fix to this or at least could point me in the right direction.

I had successfully installed zend-eclipse-php-galileo-SR1-win32-x86.zip and Zend Server CE. However the Zend debugger didn't work so decided to try again by uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I reinstalled eclipse-php-galileo-SR1-win32-x86.zip but now Eclipse won't run. When I run Eclipse I immediately get an Eclipse error messagebox: "An error has occurred. See the log file C:\Users\RJ\workspace\.metadata\.log" . The .\log is attached below but the error is:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-05-06 11:05:05.142
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3555 or swt-wvrin32 in swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file

I'm a total newb to eclipse and Java jvm etc and I have absolutely NO idea what this means and what I should do about it. I don't know what swt-win32-3555 is. I quickly googled it and it doesn't tell me much that helps. I don't even know where to start looking.

I've tried to download and install a couple different Eclipse pacakges and they all fail with the same error.

I read in a forum that the debugger probably didn't work in the original installation because the debugger port was not set to port 10137.

So I'd like to get Eclipse working and reinstall Zend Server CE so see to checking/fixing the port setting will get the debugger working.

I don't know much about Eclipse internal stuff. I can't seem to find out what swt-win32-3555 and swt-wvrin32 are let alone what to do about this error. Can anyone help?

Note: this is the order I did things in:

(note: I use Vista Home Premium sp1)

-I uninstalled eclipse by deleting c:\program files\eclipse and c:\users\rj\.eclipse folders. Is there anything else I need to do?

- uninstalled Zend Controller/Server using revoUninstaller.

- updated Java: Sun Java 6 Standard Edition version6 update 20 build 1.6.0_20-b02

- downloaded zend-eclipse-php-galileo-SR1-win32-x86.zip

- unzipped using 7-zip and installed in C:\program files\eclipse

- run eclipse.exe get Eclipse messagebox "An error has occurred. See the log file C:\Users\RJ\workspace\.metadata\.log.

Thanks for any advice,
rj

..\workspace\.metadata\.log file:
!SESSION 2010-05-06 11:04:52.584 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_20
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_CA
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.php.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.php.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-05-06 11:05:05.142
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3555 or swt-wvrin32 in swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:25 4)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:15 9)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.ja va:516)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.creat eDisplay(IDEApplication.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Re: Eclipse won't work after zend/eclipse/pdt uninstall and reinstall [message #532057 is a reply to message #532045] Thu, 06 May 2010 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
can you install it under separate folder and see if it works?
It seems something in your eclipse is not setup properly, maybe the unzip operation was broken.

btw, do you see c:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32<Version>\os\win32\x86 ?

Roy
Re: Eclipse won't work after zend/eclipse/pdt uninstall and reinstall [message #532249 is a reply to message #532057] Fri, 07 May 2010 17:03 Go to previous message
rj  is currently offline rj Friend
Roy Ganor wrote on Thu, 06 May 2010 19:33
can you install it under separate folder and see if it works?
It seems something in your eclipse is not setup properly, maybe the unzip operation was broken.

btw, do you see c:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32<Version>\os\win32\x86 ?

Roy

Thanks for the hint Roy. I got things working!!

I'm not %100 sure what happened but when I went to unzip/reinstall Eclipse I went to install the eclipse folder in my C:\ root folder. I noticed there was a c:\eclipse folder already there and when I looked in it there seemed to be a partial installation of eclipse. So there appeared to be two installations. The other installation being in c:\program files\eclipse. So perhaps the data in the user/.eclipse
got screwed up between the two copies and installation order etc.

I'm not sure how the c:\eclipse copy got there but bottom line is when I deleted the c:\program files\eclipse, C:\ eclipse, the \user\.eclipse and .workspace folders and re-nstalled eclipse in the root folder - everything worked.

Also, in Window | Preferences | PHP | Debug | Installed Debuggers - changing the zend debugger port number from the default of 10000 to 10137 got the debugger working.

so I'm really greatful for your reply - it got me on the right path.

rj.
Previous Topic:No PHP after crash
Next Topic:XDebug is not stopping at breakpoints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:15:38 GMT 2024