Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » NullPointerException and RuntimeException Occurs when refresh the page(When refresh the page rap presentation generates exceptions when closing editors.)
NullPointerException and RuntimeException Occurs when refresh the page [message #531751] Thu, 06 May 2010 03:05 Go to next message
lsq  is currently offline lsq Friend
That problems seems to be a long time. When I refresh the webpage, errors occurs when to close the editors. The difference is that they are now printed out. It seems to like when calling SessionStoreListeners, rap generate a fake context when fake request/response to be used by the context provider. While the fake request don't have a valid servlet path or anything relevant. Then, when the presentation try to close editors that are not closed yet, it will try to consort to context provider for branding information (may for different reasons, this depends on your target platform),

The problem can be that the workbench is not completely shutdown due to the exception, and may lead to memory leaks that can be a serious problem for web applications. I tried to fixed this problem by settting the CLOSE_EDITORS_ON_EXIT preference to true, so that editors can be closed early than the workbench window are closed, and those exceptions are swallowed before workbench is shutdown. This is not ideal if when workbench implementaion changes, are there suggestions on this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Re: NullPointerException and RuntimeException Occurs when refresh the page [message #531763 is a reply to message #531751] Thu, 06 May 2010 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am working on 1.3M6, the exceptions occured before the shutdown callback is scheduled to rum. while in M2/3, they will occur when a SessionStoreEvent is fired.
Re: NullPointerException and RuntimeException Occurs when refresh the page [message #531776 is a reply to message #531763] Thu, 06 May 2010 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,

maybe you run into one of the following bugs:
301154: NPE in BrowserSurvey on session shutdown
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=301154
305646: NPE while switching between brandings
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=305646
307390: [design] NPE when switching servlets/entrypoints
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=307390

All of them have a fix in 1.3M7.

HTH,
Ivan

On 05/06/2010 8:38 AM, lsq wrote:
> I am working on 1.3M6, the exceptions occured before the shutdown
> callback is scheduled to rum. while in M2/3, they will occur when a
> SessionStoreEvent is fired.
Re: NullPointerException and RuntimeException Occurs when refresh the page [message #531839 is a reply to message #531751] Thu, 06 May 2010 10:53 Go to previous message
Yes, identical stack trace with Bug 30154, I will try M7 later.

Thanks a lot.
Previous Topic:CSS font
Next Topic:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form too large228864>200000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 01:43:52 GMT 2024