Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Custom ODA Driver - where do I put it in my web application?
Custom ODA Driver - where do I put it in my web application? [message #531517] Wed, 05 May 2010 10:05 Go to next message
Ed is currently offline EdFriend
Hi,

I have created a custom ODA Driver plugin [and UI plugin] and have sucessfully managed to test it in Eclipse with the BIRT extension.

When I tested in Eclipse I place my plugin under the following directory:

{eclipseHome}/dropins/plugins/

I am now trying to use my plugin within a web application. I have got the web application to render report design files sucessfully, with the 'platform' directory under WEB-INF.

However, when I try to get my servlet that renders a report design file to render a design which uses my custom driver it renders with no errors but just shows the date (footer of report).

For interests sake, I uninstalled my plugin from Eclipse and ran the same report, and it too, then just displays the date with no errors.

I have placed the driver in numerous places without success:

{webAppHome}/WEB-INF/platform/dropins/plugins/
{webAppHome}/WEB-INF/platform/plugins/
{webAppHome}/WEB-INF/lib/
{webAppHome}/WEB-INF/classes/

Where should I put it to get it to work??

Thanks in advance.
Re: Custom ODA Driver - where do I put it in my web application? [message #531565 is a reply to message #531517] Wed, 05 May 2010 12:46 Go to previous message
Ed is currently offline EdFriend
I have now solved this problem...due to another issue I have been having related to the plugin not findng the internationalized strings referenced in the plugin.xml file.

In the rptdesign file the ODA's ID is set to '%oda.data.source.id'. If I change that to the correct value it then works.

If anyone has any idea why my internationalized strings referenced in the plugin.xml files aren't found, I have another thread for that:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=53152 8&#msg_531528

Cheers.
Previous Topic:Does not reflect correct LogLevel in JBoss 5.1
Next Topic:Fatal error occurred when try to startup report engine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:39:11 GMT 2024