Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » [CNF] Dynamic ContributionItem not shown in navigator view toolbar(Different behaviours between standard ViewPart and CommonNavigator for regarding toolbar contributions)
[CNF] Dynamic ContributionItem not shown in navigator view toolbar [message #530609] Fri, 30 April 2010 10:19 Go to next message
Christophe Fondacci is currently offline Christophe FondacciFriend
Hello,

I am facing a strange behaviour regarding dynamic menu contributions to the common navigator view toolbar.

I have a custom "programmatic" ContributionItem which fills a toolbar with a single item. I add it to view menus using the "dynamic" element of a toolbar:viewid menucontribution.

It works fine in regular views extending ViewPart.

Now I need to add this exact same contribution in a Common Navigator View. This time the item is never shown, nor initialized (no call to fill(Toolbar,index)).

Adding a declarative command to the same toolbar works fine however.

Is there something specific to contribute a dynamic ContributionItem to the CommonNavigator view (maybe I can override some methods to make it work) ? Is it a bug ?

Thank you very much for any help.

Christophe.
http://www.nextep-softwares.com
Re: [CNF] Dynamic ContributionItem not shown in navigator view toolbar [message #530616 is a reply to message #530609] Fri, 30 April 2010 10:51 Go to previous message
Christophe Fondacci is currently offline Christophe FondacciFriend
My mistake, package visibility problem, the item was silently skipped because it could not be instantiated.

Please ignore the previous question and sorry.

Christophe.
http://www.nextep-softwares.com
Previous Topic:opening file dependent views
Next Topic:info rcp application ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:20:44 GMT 2024