Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » TimeZone problem
TimeZone problem [message #530516] Thu, 29 April 2010 22:13
Elizabeth  is currently offline Elizabeth Friend
I am trying to change the time zone that my BIRT Chart Engine is using after the chart has been created. My chart has DateTime across the x-axis. I have a list of org.eclipse.birt.chart.util .CDateTime that I'm using to populate the x-axis. To change the TimeZone, i'm trying to cycle through each CDateTime and change the timezone (CDateTime.setTimeZone(com.ibm.icu.util.TimeZone)). Upon doing this, I get the following error:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method " org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.CDateTime.setTimeZone(Lcom/ibm/i cu/util/TimeZone;)V " the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, cse/rssm/gui/views/chart/signalchart/SignalChartManager, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved class, org/eclipse/birt/chart/util/CDateTime, have different Class objects for the type com/ibm/icu/util/TimeZone used in the signature

If I set the default time zone (by TimeZone.setDefault(aTimeZone)) and then open the chart, everything works fine. If I change the time zone while the chart is open, close the chart, and then re-open the chart, it works just fine. However, I would like to refresh the chart, rather than having to close it and re-open it.

I have tried using several different versions of the icu4j jar, including 3.4.4, 3.4.5, and 4.2.1.1.
Previous Topic:ODA data source and chart model
Next Topic:MSung-Light Font in PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:55:35 GMT 2024