Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints
Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #529385] Sat, 24 April 2010 12:16 Go to next message
salla is currently offline sallaFriend
Hello there!
I'm using Eclipse 3.5.1 on on Ubuntu 9.10. I don't say the installation was easy, because it wasn't, but I could solve every problem with Google. Now, I need debuging in Eclipse. I tried setting up xdebug with the help of this article. All the options are similiar to the article, but it's not working. If I try to debug it Firefox opens with the downloaded, full page, and I can only select 'Terminate' in the debug menu. And the text in the bottom right corner sais 'Launching Application 57%'. (Of course, the same happens with the internal web browser) It seems it doesn't really care about my breakpoints (And not to mention that 'Break at first line' is checked, too). What's could be the problem? Thanks, salla.
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #529396 is a reply to message #529385] Sat, 24 April 2010 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dkel50.hotremovemail.com

Have a look at
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/documents/XDebugGuideForPDT2.0.pd f

it may help you
Dave Kelsey

On 24/04/10 13:16, salla wrote:
> Hello there!
> I'm using Eclipse 3.5.1 on on Ubuntu 9.10. I don't say the installation
> was easy, because it wasn't, but I could solve every problem with
> Google. Now, I need debuging in Eclipse. I tried setting up xdebug with
> the help of
> http://techmania.wordpress.com/2008/07/02/debugging-php-in-e clipse-using-xdebug/
> All the options are similiar to the article, but it's not working. If I
> try to debug it Firefox opens with the downloaded, full page, and I can
> only select 'Terminate' in the debug menu. And the text in the bottom
> right corner sais 'Launching Application 57%'. (Of course, the same
> happens with the internal web browser) It seems it doesn't really care
> about my breakpoints (And not to mention that 'Break at first line' is
> checked, too). What's could be the problem? Thanks, salla.
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #529423 is a reply to message #529396] Sun, 25 April 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
salla is currently offline sallaFriend
Thank you for the tip. I set the settings and configs like in this documentation, but the problem still persists. The only thing I learned, that if I click on the bottom icon as written in section 2.9.1 Eclipse sais 'Launching: waiting for xdebug session'.
salla
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #529570 is a reply to message #529423] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dkel50.hotremovemail.com

generate an XDebug.log how to do that should be in the document. If no
information is written to the log then either xdebug is not being loaded
or no tcpip comms can be established so check you have got xdebug loaded
by running a script with phpinfo() in it and check you don't have a
firewall blocking port 9000.

Dave

On 25/04/10 09:15, salla wrote:
> Thank you for the tip. I set the settings and configs like in this
> documentation, but the problem still persists. The only thing I learned,
> that if I click on the bottom icon as written in section 2.9.1 Eclipse
> sais 'Launching: waiting for xdebug session'.
> salla
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #545877 is a reply to message #529385] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I had exactly this "57%" problem when remote debuging. I changed a few things at the same time and one of them fixed it. I think it was the adding of this line in my PHP.INI file:

xdebug.remote_autostart=off

This forum post gave me the hint: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1868568/xdebug-configurat ion-with-php-fastcgi-and-eclipse

I don't think it was a port/firewall problem as reported elsewhere.

James McCall
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #549109 is a reply to message #529385] Sat, 24 July 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Roberts is currently offline Ben RobertsFriend
I am also experiencing the same problem - I've got php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.3-vc6.dll configured with XAMPP win 1.7.3 and they appear to be talking to each other.Here is the xdebug section from my PHP.ini file:
[XDebug]
;; Only Zend OR (!) XDebug
zend_extension="C:\XAMPP\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=On
xdebug.remote_host="localhost"
xdebug.remote_port=10000
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_autostart=Off
xdebug.remote_log="C:\xampp\apache\logs\xdebugLog.txt"

I've set up my Eclipse Galileo carefully according to the instructions here and configured logging to check that there is some communication between eclipse and xdebug/apache. After attempting to debug a script the log shows the following entry:

Log opened at 2010-07-24 15:32:59
-> <init xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" fileuri="file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/Joomla_Development/Test%20Debug/test.php" language="PHP" protocol_version="1.0" appid="7852" idekey="ECLIPSE_DBGP"><engine version="2.1.0"><![CDATA[Xdebug]]></engine><author><![CDATA[Derick Rethans]]></author><url><![CDATA[http://xdebug.org]]></url><copyright><![CDATA[Copyright (c) 2002-2010 by Derick Rethans]]></copyright></init>

-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" status="stopping" reason="ok"></response>

Log closed at 2010-07-24 15:32:59

however I'm getting the 57% launching test message and the web page loads completely without breaking at the breakpoint I've set or on line 1 (as I have set it to do).

This is my very first attempt at using Xdebug and I'm totally stuck. Any help greatly appreciated.
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #549117 is a reply to message #549109] Sat, 24 July 2010 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Roberts is currently offline Ben RobertsFriend
I discovered that the reason why this wasn't working for me was that I had set the port to 10000 which was evidently in use by another application. Once I changed it to 10002 in both the php.ini and eclipse and then bounced apache and eclipse it worked properly.
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #1048735 is a reply to message #545877] Wed, 24 April 2013 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seth Merriman is currently offline Seth MerrimanFriend
Thanks, James!

Setting xdebug.remote_autostart=Off in my php.ini fixed it. Or, it was the last thing I found that finally fixed it. Be nice to have all the good answers in one place Very Happy

I almost didn't notice this suggestion after googling for days trying to find out how to get XDebug to stop on a breakpoint. Other posts dealing with this problem had this set to 'On'.
Re: Xdebug not breaking at breakpoints [message #1203566 is a reply to message #1048735] Fri, 22 November 2013 18:32 Go to previous message
Terry MILAN is currently offline Terry MILANFriend
Thanks you guys. Same issue and this cured me as well. I will add another mistake that I made. I uncommented some of these php.ini parameters and applied them as the were in the ini file. I followed the settings literally from one of the above posts, .i.e. , applied On and Off rather than 1 or 0 and removed quote marks as per the post above. This finally got me working. Not sure which configuration specifically did the trick. but following your instruction rather than the comments in the ini worked for me.
Previous Topic:How to remove dotted lines in Eclipse Editor
Next Topic:Eclipse and PHP debugger XDebug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:32:23 GMT 2024